Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1989 FJ62 What's it worth?

Jeff Richards

Country Flag
united_states
I've got an 89 FJ62 that gave up the ghost a little while ago with 326K miles on it. The engine runs but the tranny is no good. I was wondering what some of you more experienced people thought it might be worth.
The dash is cracked and the drivers seat is busted up. Here's some pic's. Anyone care to chime in?

ct4j2cDBfUvl5oZZGq6CE-bXc0sKE2Qh-XO7HNJWBJ7KeQibffvue_nTkT0WOQ_YMfrhpugK6jIjAkjrP4=w1641-h923-no.jpg

K5BUpRi2ODg8qiuJaivEvQxxXxVKfRr1_LJ7RPVWbfF31P8vjmq-yJUR9yfLCFM9Y8nyGdmyBKnUFc3cBs=w1641-h923-no.jpg

mYkcuH4APL2kWE_v1VlhuV0IGsnagIYX69b5yoi1bZB213QnxhtIQ08lwt_e38PMBWsbP-RI6WoS1nZGaU=w1641-h923-no.jpg

Hi Jeff, this one's an almost impossible call.

For some reason I've only got the first photo come up, but judging by the palm trees in the background, you don't have problems with rust and the bodywork looks reasonable in that photo.

60s are prone to rust, and mechanicals and trim can be repaired, so I'd advise a post nearer home, on IH8MUD perhaps, and give a more detailed description, including its good points, body and chassis condition etc.

If it's rotten, then you'll be lucky to get anything, but if she's sound, then it's a seller.

Price is something else.

Hi Jeff, this one's an almost impossible call.

For some reason I've only got the first photo come up, but judging by the palm trees in the background, you don't have problems with rust and the bodywork looks reasonable in that photo.

60s are prone to rust

Clive, you may want to revisit this post when you see image 3 :)

Thanks Clive, Image #3 is rust through the right rear quarter panel at the base of the back of the right rear side window. So yes it has cancer. I thought it might have some value for parts etc. I'll check out the other forum that you mentioned. Thanks again!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Clive, Image #3 is rust through the right rear quarter panel at the base of the back of the right rear side window. So yes it has cancer. I thought it might have some value for parts etc. I'll check out the other forum that you mentioned. Thanks again!

For sure it has value, but that's only in the opinion of the guy wanting it, for whatever reason. Someone more local after an engine will be pleased to pay... for example.

Back