Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1990 landcruiser coolant/heater hoses

Jessica Haines

Country Flag
united_states
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help a friend do some maintenance on her 1990 'cruiser. This is my first time working on one of these... So forgive any newbie ism please!

all of her coolant line hoses are pretty blown out and I would like to replace the whole system. I ordered a kit off of eBay that included 10 pieces, but none of them were right!

Most sites seem to carry the upper and lower rad hoses and the byoass hose, but that's about it...every kit on eBay is identical to the one I ordered that was wrong.

there's about 15 molded hoses available on RockAuto and I've been tearing my hair out trying to match them to what I see on the car. there are a handful I'm guessing on, but one that I don't seem to be finding any where are the heater in/out hoses that connect thermostat housing to the first hard line for heater system. They are close to the engine block and The originals have 3-4 bends in them so they seeme pretty important to get right.

am I going completely nuts LOL? I can't imagine I'm the first person to have this problem and would greatly appreciate any input. can't find parts numbers or explosion diagram even on Toyota website.

Is there a full kit available from any vendor? How can every seller on eBay have it so wrong? LOL.

Thanks in advance

Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear about your struggles. I have zero experience with 80 series and I'm unfamiliar with 'explosion diagrams' :icon-biggrin: but your most helpful first port of call will be www.toyodiy.com . Enter the VIN/Chassis number of the vehicle then you can find the Toyota assembly schematics and associated model-specific part numbers for just about every single part in the vehicle. Ordering (OEM or otherwise) and replacing hoses should be easy thereafter.

Hope that helps!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thank you to all responders for you input. many of the sites have been helpful. But...I am still at an impasse...

If anyone has more brain cells to devote to this, I've posted a link to a site that shows explosion diagram based on VIN of heating system. It shows the hardlines and inlet and outlet hoses that go to the thermostat. But - this doesn't match what I see on my vehicle!!! LOL

There's also a diagram that I got from ALLData that does match what I see on my vehicle. Basically, on my vehicle, the hard lines are a little shorter and the soft coolant hose has 2-3 bends in it. Problem is, no way so far to match the alldata diagram to parts numbers.

I've searched partsouq.com for different model years and different codes for this model year and can't find a match. In Alldata, the diagram is the same for years 1988-1992.

W....T....F....???? Any ideas, please help

https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/gen...dI$&vid=0&cid=&uid=348895&q=JT3FJ62G0L1117634

landcruiserfluid.png

Back