Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1992 4.2td Manual - viewing story

woldstech

Hi all,
Last week I went to see a 1992 LC 80 manual 12v. Checked the MOT history on the VoSa website - had two MOTs with no advisories. No service history, no invoices or record of any work being carried out. Is this normal? The truck was on a private plate and the salesperson said because it had been on a private plate the internet mot history will only go back 2 years.

I have seen / test driven 4 LCs so far and they all had MOT history going upto 2006.

Last edited:
You know if you are going to tow a big van, I'd rather be tempted to go for the slightly later model with the 16" wheels and bigger brakes.

Chris

You'd rather go for the 1993+ as they have the ABS. 1992 or older do not.

My Lc had a private plate & the MOT's went back to when they first started being accessible online.

don't see why the plate should affect it, its the chassis number that id the 'unique lifetime number of a vehicle'. I smell something dodgy, do a HPI check because that will show all the plate changes for a chassis number. It is possible its a system glitch,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They are bullshitting you, do an MOT check yourself, though is the car on Northern Ireland plates? eg BAZ XXXX in which case cars loose their MOT history when imported from NI (yes I know they are not imported but thats basically how the system worked until recently)

I'd put a bet on it having a BIG history

They are bullshitting you, do an MOT check yourself, though is the car on Northern Ireland plates? eg BAZ XXXX in which case cars loose their MOT history when imported from NI (yes I know they are not imported but thats basically how the system worked until recently)

I'd put a bet on it having a BIG history

Very interesting about NI and loosing MOT history. It's MOT history goes back 2 years [2011 and 2012] despite being a 20+ year old truck.

My LC was purchased new in NI in Jan '98 and 'imported' to England 3 months later. Back then you could not have a NI registration permanently on a vehicle over here, it had to be re-registered. Now of course you can and many people buy them as 'private' plates. You should be able to recover some history from the DVLA in NI using the original NI reg, IIRC there's a small fee involved.

Back