Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1995 FZFE price to buy

Landlover

Country Flag
australia
Hi gurus

Is 10K a good price for an 1995 /1996 FZ FE with 300KM on clock and rwc ? Advise please ?

Depends on the body and chassis, but I was looking for petrol 1FZ-FE 80 series at one point, and at that km they were about that amount. The one I saw was a 1996, had some body issues like clearcoat peeling etc., a worn 2nd gear synchro, but was loaded up with extras, and was about 9k. I would have bought it but was outvoted by my family for the Red Adventure Wagon :)

Depends on the body and chassis, but I was looking for petrol 1FZ-FE 80 series at one point, and at that km they were about that amount. The one I saw was a 1996, had some body issues like clearcoat peeling etc., a worn 2nd gear synchro, but was loaded up with extras, and was about 9k. I would have bought it but was outvoted by my family for the Red Adventure Wagon :)

I saw you have a 90 series prado . How do you go with it . As the upcoming LC will be my weekend car and 90 series prado is in my list. I dont do much hardcore off road . Just some camping and mud drive .

An 80 series LC 0r a 90 series prado will suite my purpose ?

Yes we like it a lot, and your use case is exactly what we use it for - weekend getaways and camping. For that it's ideal, plenty of room and can tow our 1 ton camper trailer when we take that. We've taken it off road a few times, not mudlarking but on the off-road tracks, and it has been great for that.

Seating is still comfortable after 20 years even compared to my car that's half the age, the Prado is more comfortable. We just have one child and no plans for more, so it fits him plus tons of camping equipment when we do go away.

As for the mechanicals, mine was bought needing a bit of work doing like lower ball joints, bushes, etc. No major problems with the motor or trans in ours (auto) but I would have preferred a manual if I could have found one.

All in all I think it was better value - we paid $6k for it and have had about $2k of work done. The 80 series we looked at was 9k, so we are still up on the deal so far :)

Given our low annual mileage (<3-5kkm/year) I am hoping it will do for the next few years. And it's just another world in terms of capability considering we used to do all this camping in our car packed up to the roof!

Yes we like it a lot, and your use case is exactly what we use it for - weekend getaways and camping. For that it's ideal, plenty of room and can tow our 1 ton camper trailer when we take that. We've taken it off road a few times, not mudlarking but on the off-road tracks, and it has been great for that.

That is really good mate . I do have a 2018 prado which i don't wanna take off road or camping , that is why i am looking for a weekend car . The main reason for an 80 is to put club permit ( save some rego $) coz it 25 years old . but most of them high KM and almost $10K range

For prado the best i found is 1997 model which got to pay 2 years rego (1600) before put on club .
I love 90 series ,quite capable . let me search around .Cheers

No worries good luck with your search, mine is just registered normally but in QLD 6-cylinder rego is approaching $1k per year.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back