Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1998 , 105 series RV spec petrol/gas

Mick1963

Looking for any advice , when I switch from main tank to sub , the engine dies after a few seconds( only mechanical work done before I bought the car privately , the previous owner had a new switch fitted to change from petrol to gas , I have done the following to try and fault find the problem
Changed sub tank switch in the dash
Changed solenoid valve above the rear diff
The solenoid above the diff didn't activate from the dash switch
Could be separate issue , the plan was to run a direct feed from the solenoids located behind the trim in the back
Activated solenoid from a seperate feed , still no go
blew Compreesed air into the fuel line from the sub , not blocked
I then hooked the main suction directly to the sub tank , engine would idle , but would just die if tried to accelerate
The sub tank is full of fuel
The car has the twin filler neck, says main forward , sub rear, I have always put fuel in the front filler
when I push in the Sud tank , I am assuming I am
useing fuel from the main tank( seems a bit strange , I would have thought pushing in the sub tank would activate the sub tank, is bypassing the solenoid with a barbed T fitting an option , would it then just feed of both tanks at once , or am creating more problems , thanks

Have you tried changing the fuel pump ?
Yes, I am now thinking it's the change over solenoid under the dash , as I ran another earth to the solenoid in the back of the car , I am now running on the sub tank and can't get fuel from the main tank lol

Back