Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1GZ FE 5.0 v12

NiallHJ60

Country Flag
uk
Does anyone think it would be possible to fit a 1GZ-FE toyota v12 into a 60series.

My restoration is coming to an end and wondering weather to restore the 2H and keep the cruiser 100% original or do something crazy and drop a massive engine in ?

Any different engine will require an upgrade to the brakes - potentially even discs on the rear if lots more power with a suitable handbrake solution. May aswell convert to coil suspension while you are at it?
Sounds exciting

Body swap so my 80 looked like a 60 would tick every box for me .

Id be willing to change it all ben eventually,

Ive just had the chassis restored there.

So yours is a 80's with a 60's body ?

Nice !

Was it complicated?

No I'm just saying the 80 holds its own against most modern cars in the real world and on the autobahn , but in my opinion the 60 is far better looking so it would be nice to own a combination of the two .

Adding to what Ben said - crazy power in a vehicle not set up for it just makes it less useful .

12HT would be more suitable an upgrade i'd guess , though its a question above my pay grade ?

I agree mate if i cab get a 12ht I will, its a straight forward swap too with the 12HT its engine and transmission only I believe but they are hard to find.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks like it can be done in an 80 so possibly a 60 too?.....
V12 80 series

I've often thought the V8 from the 100 series would be a nice engine to drop into an 80.

I love the 2H Engines. If I were you mate, I would do a reco on the girl and get her on the road. Good choice. Love the HJ60's but love the HJ61's more. But I don't think a V12 would be real easy to fit. The cost will be high due to the fact that your HJ60's and the HJ61's are an inline 6. You would have to change a lot in the car itself in order to make it compatible for a v12 engine. Keep it original mate as much as possible if you can because they are very valuable when they are close to their original status. Cheers

Marine engines - Yanmar just to keep things interesting .

no, wouldnt suit the character of your 60 at all.

a 1HDT with all the goodies would give you great performance and look right in the engine bay.

Marine engines - Yanmar just to keep things interesting .
Some Yanmars are just modified Toyota 1HD-ft(e) -- must be the ones you are thinking of.

But yes, a stock 60 i a lovely, grand old lady. Much easier to love than a mash up of too many cylinders and "foreign" bits.

Yanmar 6LP or Yamaha ME420, both marinised versions of the 1HD-FT from 300 to over 400bhp with the benefit of water cooled intercooling. I would imagine both would require detuning for reliable service in a road vehicle.

Back