Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HD-T engine rebuild

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys, its been a turbulent time of late. Landcruiser is laying to rest in the garage waiting for parts for a engine rebuild :doh:There is knocking on one piston I believe and the engine has been blowing for some time. Will see the true result once opening her up but a rebuild is whats on the cards.

In the meantime the gearbox will be looked at and a reconditioned torque convertor will be fitted at this point as this point as there is 300 rpm being lost here.

With this mind the fuel pump will have a overhaul and the steering box too to compliment the car whilst all other parts were changed over before.

This give me also the opportunity to tidy up the engine bay whilst these are out and so to have a better finish too.

After getting the car back on the road the next plan is to get the car resprayed and modified to the spec I want. This will come later.

I am starting to source out parts needed for this and would ask anyone who knows where I can get brand new window seals for the front, back, and sides. My cars a 94 and with new paint and the difficulty of taking the windscreens off and on it makes sense to replace them too.

There have been a few replies about window rubbers but, if it was me the front windscreen rubber would ONLY come from Toyota, I tried a copy part and two things came to light, 1st a copy just does not fit 'right', it left areas of paintwork showing which were not seen before i.e. it seemed physically smaller (narrower?).The second problem is the squeak, this manifests itself when cold and traversing a less than snooker table surface, as the body flexes it creaks so loud it drives me around the bend.New one and my world was a great place once again.regardsDave

Thank you Dave for your interest. Being the car is 20 years old I expect they will have to be changed before a full respray restoration.
I am not enquired from Toyota as yet but will nearer the time.
My 80 being a Jap import has chrome on the rubbers but am happy go buy without for a more rectro look.
Any ideas on the price you paid?
[emoji6]

Back