Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HDFT swap into a '91 FJ80

John Trollman

Country Flag
united_states
I live in the US. I have a '91 FJ80. George at Valley Hybrids 4WD in Stockton suggested that I contact a Karl (Webster?) in the UK to buy a 1HDFT (1st generation, 24 valve diesel but not the 2nd gen with the advanced ECU), manual transmission, and transfer case. He said Karl would sell me the parts and I could have them shipped to the Stockton shop, where George would install the parts in my beast. Any idea how I can contact "Karl?"

Reactions: uHu
I live in the US. I have a '91 FJ80. George at Valley Hybrids 4WD in Stockton suggested that I contact a Karl (Webster?) in the UK to buy a 1HDFT (1st generation, 24 valve diesel but not the 2nd gen with the advanced ECU), manual transmission, and transfer case. He said Karl would sell me the parts and I could have them shipped to the Stockton shop, where George would install the parts in my beast. Any idea how I can contact "Karl?"

I'm sure Karl will be along shortly and answer your questions :)
And welcome to the forum

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the forum John, and welcome to the oil burning clan, if it all comes off as planned :lol:

Welcome to the forum John. That'll be an interesting swap. I look forward to seeing photos of before, during and after as we all love photos on here. Any info or pitfalls you come across on the way will be great to have on the forum for future reference if possible.

Best of luck with it.

Richard

Hi John and welcome. Just out of interest does your 80 have the pushrod 4.2 engine or the OHC 4.5?

Back