Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1hdt code 33(3)

Opie

Country Flag
australia
hello! I am trying to do some engine diagnostics via texts for a car that is 1/2 way around the country. I would love some help from people who would have more familiarity with this model than myself.

The engine code 33(3) is coming on the dash of a friend’s 100 series and I can’t find a reliable website to give me a starting point. Can anyone give me any hints?

Sorry if this is covered a lot, I couldn’t find the forum search button, does the phone version of the page have one?

Thanks for your help

Opie

Can't answer directly about the code, but yes the mobile version has a search on the Home page. Little magnifying glass same as the one on the main forum. Top right corner of the main red header section.
I just typed that into Google and it said Air Intake Shutter Valve.

Good luck.

I found the search not long after making the post, Clearly I didn't look really well. Thanks for the tip though

Year (prod. month), engine and gearbox type is required.
Assuming this is a post 2003 HDJ100, the most likely culprit is the plug on the intake shutter. The cable has a habit of braking just where it enters the plug. If you find a broken wire, it could be possible to solder and then make some kind of flexible support for the conductor(s).

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t actually got details, but I’ll chase some down.

The code relates to the shutter on the throttle body. Is that right? If so that shouldn’t be too difficult to diagnose. Thanks again

...The code relates to the shutter on the throttle body. Is that right? ...
In principle, yes. But I've seen that e.g. a turbo code actually is an EGR problem.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back