Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1hdt fte 2000 model won’t start first time ever with problem

Brendan

Country Flag
australia
Car is a
100 landcruiser 2000 model hdj100 with 1hdt fte motor

( first time problem with my car hasn’t mist a beat )

Stop for fuel was running fine then went to start again wouldn’t start ? Finally got it going with smoke like a chimney was running shit no power as in speed did 30km then it went back to normal did 300km back home didn’t miss a beat! Got home turn key off and started it 3 times in a row no problem started every time ….
Tryed starting it next day and no fire car turns over fine just doesn’t start ? ?

Been doing a lot of reading here great info!

Iv checked the relays/fuses there fine in the engine bay!
I’m not getting power to the fuel pump ( iv pulled the seats out and tested on the plug) but im getting 4.5v that must be the gauge wires working?

Been trying to get to the foot well LHS fuse box ( for fuel pump relay) and that’s a struggle can’t get to it started pulling dash apart …

Have tryed my spare keys no power to fuel pump either ..
wiggled all the plug connections on the injection pump
Tested the spill valve etc all test fine

Iv replaced the
Air filter
Fuel filter

Any help would be very much appreciated im thinking it’s electrical if I drove 300km!

3 thoughts jumping up when reading this:
1 - Related to EDU and Spill Valve. The plug between the two has a habit of developing a loose connection, or even the grounding of the EDU. Worse on the early years, up to Aug 2002 production.
2 - Shut-down-valve on the intake not operating properly. Can be air/vacuum related or electric. The valve is vacuum operated controlled by a solenoid sitting next to it. Known to develop leak on vacuum hose. Can also be mechanical (of the butterfly valve) or electric supply to solenoid.
3 - Particulate filter on the exhaust - if you still have it. When it fills up with soot it gets blocked, which leads to increased pressure, which again leads to turbo pressure sensor reading abnormal value and tells the engine ECU to go into limp mode. This would also give an engine light on the instrument panel, that goes away after a restart.

Did you get any codes?

Thanks uhu great info I’ll have to check those things

1. I have made the plug tight fit and put a ground wire from battery to edc ( didn’t work)

2. I have replaced the butter fly before as the diagram had a leak but that did threw a code telling me that when replace…. (Will check again)

3. Yes still have original exhaust only missing the mid muffler ( we’re do I found this sensor ?? ? ?)

I can’t get codes with obs is there a way around it ? Please share

Ok I have fuel at injection pump …
So need fuel ,air, compression right!
Or maybe the injectors are blocked?

Here’s a vid of 2 injector lines loose…

Iv put it down to a blowin engine… has diesel in the engine oil!
So no compression to fire :(
Cheap car for sale anyone in Perth wa wants it?

Back