Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1hdt fuel cutoff solonoid

Rob-o

Evening all,

Had my first ever non start today. Bit of poking revealed the fuel solenoid had no power and that I had a reasonable sized diesel leak from what looks like to top of said solenoid.

I put a 12 feed from the driver's side battery and it started right up, albeit with the leak, and has driven from Devon to Guildford.

About half way home the abs light came on, and when I got home it wouldn't restart, no battery power at all.

Can anyone cleverer than me think over this? Has a leaky solenoid caused an electronical issue? Is it coincidence?

I haven't had a chance to look into it very hard yet, but I have found the IGN 7.7A fuse in the dash blown.

Thanks everyone, rob

So a bit of progress, seems to be a bit of coincidence going on here!

The feed to the stop solenoid just needed a new ring terminal, the end of the wire was almost completely broken through so crimping a new one on seems to have sorted that.

I've replaced the IGN fuse and now the abs light is gone and the alternator is charging again, so now it's been jump started and left running that's sorted.

The diesel leak is actually coming from the main fuel screw, and dripping onto the stop solenoid. Hopefully tomorrow at work I'll find a new O-ring for that and I'll be as good new. I guess the truck just didn't want to come home from holiday!

Rob

ended up getting a seal from injectionpumps.co.uk, they have excellent exploded diagrams that link to each part so it was really easy to find the right seal. leak now fixed and back on the road!

rob

Rob-o I also have just discovered a small fuel leak. Mine is from injector pump I think. Need to identify precisely where.
but I suspect is also an O ring issue .
Is that where yours is? Could you share a photo? Cheers

Oops just saw your post of this morning. Are you doing this yourself? Is it quite straight forward?

hello yes I did mine myself but the main fuel screw is very easy to take out so it wasn't a very involved job. if you give the injection pump a good scrub with a toothbrush and some brake cleaner you should be able to find the leak. mine looked very much like the stop solenoid was at fault but it wasn't! hard to say how tricky the fix will be until you know what needs sorting really. rob

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back