Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HDT Injector Pump Solenoid Leak?

Toadshade

Country Flag
united_states
Can anyone tell me if this is in fact my cutoff solenoid that is leaking on the back of my injector pump? Back being on the firewall side of the pump. I found the part number 2275117140. Price for this thing is not fun to see.

Attachments

• IMG_5509.jpg
    IMG_5509.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 53
I would investigate further. It is more likely a leak between the solenoid and the pump rather than the solenoid itself. If it is the solenoid leaking it is worth degreasing it and then going round the joints on the solenoid with loctite. This will creep in and hopefully seal any cracks. Using loctite on threads can be done after assembly so this approach is not unique.

I just found a Denso solenoid for a really good price so I am going to follow your advice but replace it too to take that out of the equation. I did not realize until I took the photo above that the bolt above (The dash pot?) could also be the culprit. In the limited information I have found, it is not easy to repair or reseal it. Any info on what the dash pot is would be appreciated and what the procedure could be for repair. I have a bad feeling my pump is coming off to get rebuilt in the near future.

I know the feeling but would not panic yet. You can remove the nut to reveal how it is sealed. You MUST hold the piston in the same position when removing the nut to maintain the correct adjustment. You MUST tighten the nut to 9.8-12.7 N.m (1- 1.3 kgf.m) to avoid damaging the piston cylinder. I'm not preaching, just relaying from the WSM.

BOSCH VE interactive parts diagram - Diesel Injection Pumps - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Above is the diagram of the parts involved.

That's exactly why I ask. I appreciate that advice. What a great link too. That will be really useful.

Good luck. I expect removing the nut will reveal some sort of seal. A pattern would be OK to avoid buying a whole kit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back