Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1kz cam cover torque specs

Umar

Country Flag
uk
Hello all,

can someone tell me the torque specs on cam cover bolts as I need to replace the gasket.

thanks

The rocker cover ? 90kg-cm or 7.8ft-lb or 9Nm if it is the rocker you mean .

I presume the gasket on the engine inlet pipe (manifold side) is non re-useable but what are the torque specs on the 4 nuts on the intake pipe?

I believe it's 11nm... I normally just do them until there tight, but don't overdo it as there's a rubber gasket being used as the seal. I've re-used this gasket with some sealant and not had any problems.

Also, I have a PDF Manual for the 1KZT-E. It's only 14mb so if anyone wants it, pop me a PM with your email and I'll be happy to email you a copy!

Thanks, do I need any gasket sealant on the cam cover as the one I have taken off is showing remains of some near the cam seals

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have never felt the need to put sealant on the thick rubber ring that seals the cam box - but I have put a new one on in the past. Mine doesn't leak.

I wouldn't have thought it necessary if the rubber isn't perished.
Bob.

Thanks, do I need any gasket sealant on the cam cover as the one I have taken off is showing remains of some near the cam seals

I did when I re-used mine and I think it worked quite well. The original one leaked over time and after re-sealing it with some sealant no leaks.

Back