Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ - low boost resolved

tommi786

Hi. This may help someone.... for a few days now I noticed that the aftermarket boost gauge started progressively showing lower boost. Down from 0.8bar to 0.5 then 0.2. Almost feared the worst as in a failing turbo or wastegate or even a slowly dying injector cutting fuel.

Turned out thankfully to be the cheapest fix - the little filter that is fitted in line with the boost pressure sensor had developed a hairline crack. Temporarily patched up with some araldite and boost back up to normal. It must have cracked slowly each day with the leak worsening.

Now for some help - anyone know part number of the filter? Should really get a new one.

If you pop your VIN number into Toyodiy.com or Amayama.com you should be able to find it on the parts lists and diagrams.

Please share if you find it Tommi i can only find them in America for the Tacoma though i can't say i've looked hard . I don't think i need to change them but it can't do no harm .

Please share if you find it Tommi i can only find them in America for the Tacoma though i can't say i've looked hard . I don't think i need to change them but it can't do no harm .

Found it. It’s part number 90917-11036.

Cheers Tommi Simon Holton at Steveneagle Toyota will have them :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back