Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZ-TE head failure

1KZ-TE Head failure manual or automatic?

• Manual diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I was thinking about how well my R plate 3.0 was running the other day and remembered my P plate auto when the head cracked. I thought back over all of the head failures that I knew about and realised that I could not recall a manual which had suffered this. We know that the radiator can fail and flood the auto box and I wondered if maybe autos were more prone to head cracking due to poor cooling than manuals. So I thought we could have a poll.

So please make your mark if you have had a head failure or know someone (who isn't going to vote probably) who has had a failure. OK, you may know more than one person and you can only place one vote, but it will give an indication if manuals are less prone. Yes, there are fewer manuals about, I realise too, but it might be interesting.

Chris

manuals are less prone yes...
mainly due to the extra cooling provided from extra pressure... (or something like that..)

same as with the 2.4's all the auto's blow their heads but manuals seem fine...
My 2.4 manual never had any head issues... (1990 H-reg with 2 or 300k on the clock)

Someone more technical than me will no doubt explain it properly soon....

Mines an auto and its head cracked at around 120k . But I had replaced the rad months beforehand so i am clueless as to how it happened. Never overheated while I owned it anyway

Back