Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

zsandoe

Country Flag
united_states
I have a kzj95 prado and I’m interested in doing the injectors. It has 126k miles. Should I replace the injectors or rebuild? I’m mechanically inclined so the scope of work doesn’t worry me. Either way, where can I find the parts for rebuild or the new replacements? A google search hasn’t really yielded anything.

cheers

Are you located in the US? If so, do tell us more.

You can get them rebuilt at any qualified diesel shop, or just throw in some recond ones. Any reason why you're replacing them? My original ones lasted about 250k miles before I threw in some recon ones. And I did so because I had a recond set lying around. Don't think they made much difference. A bit more rattly actually.

Are you located in the US? If so, do tell us more.

You can get them rebuilt at any qualified diesel shop, or just throw in some recond ones. Any reason why you're replacing them? My original ones lasted about 250k miles before I threw in some recon ones. And I did so because I had a recond set lying around. Don't think they made much difference. A bit more rattly actually.
I’m an American living in the UK. Now that you say that I’ll probably leave mine alone. New to the diesel world.

Yeah, unless you have reason to change them I wouldn't touch them. Plenty of motors out there on stock injectors well over 150k miles.

I remember Trevors sisters kzj90 which was Steven's fireys 2nd engine that failed in Switzerland and when the head was taken off it had a hole in no1 due to a dripping faulty injector.

You really do need to keep your injectors in tip top condition with the kz. And it will keep running Beau..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mate of mine has a 2005 120 series with 1KZ-TE and that's on the original injectors - 190,000km, still running sweet!

Noted, but in Trevors case was the car giving any symptoms of a failed injector? I would suspect smoke out back and poor performance? Having messed around with the injectors on these there's not much too them. Of course over time, the nozzle and spring can wear.

Back