Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1KZTE Colorado

mrdelmonti

Supporter
Promoted Company
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I've been too long without an LC so I'm looking for 1kzte 95, it needs to be an auto and I'd prefer a VX but ultimately overall condition is more important.

If you know of anything then let me know.

I've been too long without an LC so I'm looking for 1kzte 95, it needs to be an auto and I'd prefer a VX but ultimately overall condition is more important.

If you know of anything then let me know.

Is a 1KZTE a D4D one Ed?

No it's the old 3.0td

I would look at the Prado's Ed better spec and intercooler as standard , i'm sure your capable of adding a rear difflock if you felt the need .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know what you're saying Shayne but I'd rather have the difflock over the extra spec if I have to choose, I want to get out and do some laning again. I know I could retrofit the difflock but by the time I've gathered all the parts together it would turn into a bit of an expensive do compared with buying one from the outset. As for the intercooler that's something I can do with a bit of thought for less money I imagine, you managed to do decent job of it and I've seen a couple of others with front mount intercoolers as well.

Also I hate the lights on the Prado, a minor point but it's added cost.

I guess I'm after the holy grail of collie's but the reality is I'm willing to sacrifice some of the wants so long as the mechanicals are all in good order and it's solid underneath.

I've been looking for a couple weeks now and have spoken to a few people advertising, unfortunately so far all of them have screamed "walk away", with most of them being so far from home I'd rather not waste my time travelling to look at something that turns out to be a dog, been there done that :rage:.

I was just hoping someone might have spotted something or know of one for sale.

I'll keep looking but plan is I want something ready before Lincomb and hopefully do some laning before the summer is out.

More to the point they tend to have less miles in a dryer climate and an altogether easier life .

True but the reality is most of them have been over here long enough now to have suffered a fair amount of British winters without being treated so a lot of them won't be much better.

Well I've bought something but it isn't a collie. Unfortunately every collie I looked at was suffering with more tin worn than I was willing to take on.

I'm saying nothing other than it's a big comfy 4x4

You'll have to wait until Lincomb to find out ;)

Back