Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1kzte stalled and struggle

Swan

Country Flag
poland
Hi, My KZJ95L stalled during easy ride and couldn't start.
Felt like fuel cut-out. Checked everything cranked for ages and no joy.
Connected spill valve short for a few seconds and started kinda loud. No error codes. Fuel runing well.
Then I openned the air filter housing and sprayed some dash polish smelly thing and engine started.
After that running rough and smokes a bit white/grey.
Wonder where to start?

injection pump proper clean? check electrics?

You're not really supposed to connect 12 Volt to the spill control valve, it will kill it if left for long periods. It sounded like your problem to begin with. You can check it by reading the resistance levels. Should be between 1-2 ohms.

My first thought was SCV like Beau has said. They are one of the very few things that give occasional trouble on the 1 Kz-te. I believe the ECU developing bad capacitors is the other possibility iirc.
Anyway, Beau’s your man for these trucks. :thumbup:
There’s plenty of info on here about SCVs but if you do change them, just make certain no dirt gets in when they’re out. That means clean all around and above, the whole area like a new pin before taking the old one out.

Look for an intake leak . Put fuel from a bottle straight to pump , Pop the cap on pump to turn fuel down a touch .

Thanks guys,
Yes i connected it to 12v just for 3-4 secs. It shows 1,7 Ohm.
I had similar issue once and noticed that when openned fuel cap it suuuucked a lot of air.
I thought it must've been some air from the fulel line due to pump suction.
Cap was loose now. I'll properly play with it and see.
Yesterday it started nice and after a minute I increased the engine revs and it works really smooth and no smoke. what the hell?
I think its time to clean filters in the injection pump, change fuel filter and see whats inside, check ECU.....and ....?
Got confused with which terminals to connect to read errors.
It shows 33 now but intake was openned to spray start.
Wonder if faulty boost controll sensor would cut fuel completely?
Engine
Beast
Pump removed and here we go
Some nasty stuff
Cheers

Last edited:
Well your internal filters were definitely on the clogged side. Check your intake feed pipe to the pump. Some have long filters inside. If so, use a screw to thread into the outside plastic very delicately to remove it. These trucks will start/run without the boost control sensor. It will just drive with little power. To eliminate other fueling issues, connect a direct line to the pump. Although, when I have had fueling issues, it would always start fine, but just lack power. Whilst you have the pump out you can also check all other resistors and valves on the pump and make sure they are within spec.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi,
Thanks Beau, yes it turns out that there is one on the intake but its nice and clean.
Woow it has quite a few filters in the pump itself ha ha. I found 4!
That debris below spill valve must be from the speed sensor - it looks like a bit missing and went inside.
I will put it together and will see. Lost a bit of trust in this car though :)
filterek.jpg

It's a good sign seeing them clean though. And with these trucks getting 20+ years old, the fueling side of things is definitely something you want to look into. Get it running good and you'll have another solid couple decades out of them. They are not complicated machines.

Back