Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

200 Sahara SRS warning light

Mr Maggoo

Country Flag
australia
I have a 2008 200 Sahara, the SRS warning light has been on for a while. I have been researching information to rectify this, I located each of the yellow connectors associated with the air bag system in each of the front seats and second row seats along with the connectors in each of the front seat belt units. I disconnected each unit one at a time and fitted a 2.2 watt 2 ohm resistor to each unit to mimic the air bag and seat belt units respectively. As it turned out it was the last one I checked giving the fault. It was the passenger side seat belt unit brining the light on. It has a label on the seat belt unit saying there is an explosive device in it, so left it alone at this stage. Does anyone know if it is serviceable or what the fault may be. I did plug in my ODB2 test unit prior to the testing but had no faults shown. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I have had some experiance (but not with Toyota) that had simular fault and turned out to be a bad connection, although seems you allreadty done this so suspect it is a faulty unit and not servicible by a non expert, so the only course of action would be to replace the whole unit, and one more think I would not go round poking resistors into wires etc as that could have set off the "explosive" device

I have had some experiance (but not with Toyota) that had simular fault and turned out to be a bad connection, although seems you allreadty done this so suspect it is a faulty unit and not servicible by a non expert, so the only course of action would be to replace the whole unit, and one more think I would not go round poking resistors into wires etc as that could have set off the "explosive" device
Thanks Steve the resistor doesn't go into the explosive device it goes into the computer side of the connection to simulate the seatbelt sensor. The explosive device is out of the circuit altogether.

Back