Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

200 Series EGR problems

Greygum

Hi Im a new member
Current vehicle 2014 200 series diesel purchased new.At 85000 dash lights VSC,Low 4WD and Engine Light displayed.Did not lose power.Toyota replaced EGR under warranty.
Now at 102k same lights came on and power decreased to limp mode whilst towing a Van.
Surely EGR shouldn't be the problem again. Would appreciate any advice
Greygum

Hi Im a new member
Current vehicle 2014 200 series diesel purchased new.At 85000 dash lights VSC,Low 4WD and Engine Light displayed.Did not lose power.Toyota replaced EGR under warranty.
Now at 102k same lights came on and power decreased to limp mode whilst towing a Van.
Surely EGR shouldn't be the problem again. Would appreciate any advice
Greygum

I can understand EGR putting on an engine light but VSC and Low 4WD are not remotely related to the emissions system .......what else did they do when it was being repaired the first time ? It should list on the job card attached to any paper work related to the repair exactly what work was carried out and parts fitted , if you have no joy from the dealer then go straight to Toyota ........are you UK based ?
Parts fitted by a Toyota Main Dealer should be covered by parts warranty .......
The problem seems to be different as this time the engine has de-rated ......first stop has to be get it plugged into a diagnostic system and see what the vehicle thinks is wrong.......

I have a January 2014 compliance LC200 VX with 110,000 kms. I used to get fuel consumption around town at approx 13l/100kms with some smoke only under load but, it is now suddenly up to 17l/100kms and smoke under even mild acceleration. I've fitted a ProVent Catchcan and Direction Plus 30 micron fuel pre-filter as a 1st step remedial service and have arranged to have the motor analysed and checked by local experts prior to an EGR valve clean.

Are there any comments from others who "have been there done that" that may give me better insight to the problem and how to rectify.

cheers

Rick

when you have black smoke is an air mixture issue, not enough air is coming in.When the air mix is bad you also have a high fuel consumption. You might have a hole/loose fitting in one of the air hoses. . That is if you are lucky , could be the intercooler as well, or something else more expensive. Get it up a computer and check all the air ducts first.

Back