Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

200 series rolls back with caravan on when stopped on steep incline

Old man

Country Flag
australia
Hi I have a 2015 200 series cruiser that if you are stopped on a step incline , at traffic lights with a 3 ton caravan on or at the boat ramp with a 2.5 ton boat on , it will roll backwards in
Drive . You need to have 1 foot on the brake , it's like doing a hill start with a manual

I have spoken to the dealer and he says this is normal !!!!!

Is this right ????

Regards Graeme

Hi I have a 2015 200 series cruiser that if you are stopped on a step incline , at traffic lights with a 3 ton caravan on or at the boat ramp with a 2.5 ton boat on , it will roll backwards in
Drive . You need to have 1 foot on the brake , it's like doing a hill start with a manual

Is this right ????

Regards Graeme

I don't have a 200, but my 120 does this even if towing nothing. Will roll back on a steep hill (maybe 10% and steeper). I know Land Cruiser handbrakes are invariably rubbish, but perhaps this is a job for one?

Is this right ????

Regards Graeme

Hi Graeme

Not sure what country you are in or what engine you have (not that it makes a difference) but a 3 ton caravan, wow that's heavy !
But I am not a expert but I would say the dealer is correct, with no revs there will be no drive (as such) till the revs build up.
I think most autos will slip without a trailer if the slope is steep enough

Well, I think this is normal unless you want to have the vehicle engine running at 1,200 rpm or more all the time.

My Amazon will not roll back with a 2.5 tonne van on the back...

Pretty certain this is normal as the torque converter isn't locked at low RPM.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back