1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

200 series :-)

Paul Mar 5, 2010

1. Paul

Paul Well-Known Member I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    Just wanted to be the first to post in topic :cool:

2. JB Meyer

JB Meyer New Member

Me second ;)

3. Andrew Prince

Andrew Prince Well-Known Member

Map
    If you plan on remaining the first poster in this section, you'll need to buy a 200 series and show us some pics :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

4. Paul

Garage:
    Map
    Ah sorry, this was me at the weekend ;)

lc200_7u9rnaekywoww84ss84k4c8ck_6yl.jpg

5. JB Meyer

JB Meyer New Member

Naaaaha :lol:
    That wheels/tires looked that they got lost in that wheel arch :twisted:

6. James Rothwell

James Rothwell Member

Garage:
    Map
    I did some miles through the desert in the UAE in a 200 series, was fantastic. Nothing stops it!

7. Andy Harvey

Andy Harvey Well-Known Member

Map
    UAE Desert was pretty good in a GMC Yukon as well though (mind you that was a few years ago). Air down and drive it like you stole it.

Mind you they just love the Land Cruiser in the UAE - it's especially good for bating taxi drivers in Abu Dhabi :lol:

8. James Rothwell

James Rothwell Member

Garage:
    Map
    [​IMG]

As cool as penguin piss!

9. Gilmour Dickson

Gilmour Dickson Active Member

drifting off topic !

They are impressive vehicles - no doubt! But to be honest they are not for me. Two much electrickery and not enough live axles, and way out my budget :)
    When I see them kicking around Africa with NGO/Aid agency stickers I have to say that my first thought is "why the hell are you driving that and not an HZJ76". My second thought is "thank God my taxes/donations or whatever are not contributing to putting your over paid arse on an over priced vehicle seat"

Sorry, rant over - I just get a bit amped up when I see how these idiots look after themselves with 200 series when a vehicle for the 3rd of the price is more than adequate. If you dip into your hard earned cash to donate to WWF look away now!

DSC00068.jpg

Oh, and scarily WWF are one of the organisations who are more realistic/in touch with practicality. :?

10. Paul

Garage:
    Map
    Cant help but thinking that the back end looks like it was designed by KIA :oops:

11. Sahara09

Sahara09 New Member

Do i qualify as the first ? here is my 200TTDV8
    IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    and my 100TDI ;)

12. TonyP

TonyP Super Moderator Supporter I am in uk

Map
    Very nice indeed, and yes I say you do :clap:

13. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    I think you do :thumbup: If the EU did not introduce average co2 restrictions on manufactures they would not be a restricted import and we would see a lot more of these...

14. Sahara09

Sahara09 New Member

Unfortunately my 200TTD is in the panel shop for repairs again :( some slack prat side swiped it and took off had it fixed but it was a shit job has to be redone :( hope its fixed properly this time .
    I really hate ppl that do this :thumbdown:

15. Gav Peter

Gav Peter Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
  16. Sahara09

Sahara09 New Member

My beloved 200 is back and looks great cant tell it was fixed at all now :clap:

17. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    Nice truck :thumbup:

18. Dark Dude

Dark Dude Well-Known Member

I can't help but agree with the sentiments as expressed by both Paul and Gilmour. Sideways on, the 200 series looks like it's designers took a nap by the time they got to the 1st pillar and was fast asleep by the time they got to the rear quarter lights. They had lost all will to live by the time they had got to the back end. Mind you, judging by recent TV pictures coming out of Libya, I'd better watch my mouth.

John

The Dark Dude

19. Lars Bo Kjeldstrom

Lars Bo Kjeldstrom Member

Garage:
    Map
    Really nice truck you have there...

I think we all have to get used to dramatic design changes. I remember people saying stuff about the 100 too, when it came in 98' ;)

I took a test drive in a dealer demo truck...it was ½ an hour in heaven :thumbup: ...I did not see any flaws....except the price tag here in Denmark....95.000 GBP for a 2-seater -and 180.000 GBP for a full seater :thumbdown: ....but the driveline is so far from our trucks....

A big fan....

Lars

20. Jon Wildsmith

Jon Wildsmith Super Moderator Supporter Guru I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    I can't wait for them to be old enough to get my hands on one and start hacking away at it :)

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter