Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

200 series :-)

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
Just wanted to be the first to post in topic :cool:
 

Andrew Prince

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
2,232
Paul said:
Just wanted to be the first to post in topic :cool:

If you plan on remaining the first poster in this section, you'll need to buy a 200 series and show us some pics :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
Ah sorry, this was me at the weekend ;)

lc200_7u9rnaekywoww84ss84k4c8ck_6yl.jpg
 
Joined
Jun 10, 2010
Messages
198
Garage
I did some miles through the desert in the UAE in a 200 series, was fantastic. Nothing stops it!
 
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Andy Harvey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
343
UAE Desert was pretty good in a GMC Yukon as well though (mind you that was a few years ago). Air down and drive it like you stole it.

Mind you they just love the Land Cruiser in the UAE - it's especially good for bating taxi drivers in Abu Dhabi :lol:
 

Gilmour Dickson

Active Member
Joined
May 22, 2010
Messages
50
drifting off topic !

They are impressive vehicles - no doubt! But to be honest they are not for me. Two much electrickery and not enough live axles, and way out my budget :)
When I see them kicking around Africa with NGO/Aid agency stickers I have to say that my first thought is "why the hell are you driving that and not an HZJ76". My second thought is "thank God my taxes/donations or whatever are not contributing to putting your over paid arse on an over priced vehicle seat"

Sorry, rant over - I just get a bit amped up when I see how these idiots look after themselves with 200 series when a vehicle for the 3rd of the price is more than adequate. If you dip into your hard earned cash to donate to WWF look away now!

DSC00068.jpg


Oh, and scarily WWF are one of the organisations who are more realistic/in touch with practicality. :?
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
2,465
Garage
Country Flag
england
Cant help but thinking that the back end looks like it was designed by KIA :oops:
 

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,416
Country Flag
uk
Very nice indeed, and yes I say you do :clap:
 

Rob

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
3,019
Garage
I think you do :thumbup: If the EU did not introduce average co2 restrictions on manufactures they would not be a restricted import and we would see a lot more of these...
 

Sahara09

New Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2011
Messages
8
Unfortunately my 200TTD is in the panel shop for repairs again :( some slack prat side swiped it and took off had it fixed but it was a shit job has to be redone :( hope its fixed properly this time .
I really hate ppl that do this :thumbdown:
 

Dark Dude

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2011
Messages
655
Paul said:
Cant help but thinking that the back end looks like it was designed by KIA :oops:

Gilmour Dickson said:
They are impressive vehicles - no doubt! But to be honest they are not for me. Two much electrickery and not enough live axles, and way out my budget :)
When I see them kicking around Africa with NGO/Aid agency stickers I have to say that my first thought is "why the hell are you driving that and not an HZJ76". My second thought is "thank God my taxes/donations or whatever are not contributing to putting your over paid arse on an over priced vehicle seat"

Sorry, rant over - I just get a bit amped up when I see how these idiots look after themselves with 200 series when a vehicle for the 3rd of the price is more than adequate. If you dip into your hard earned cash to donate to WWF look away now!

Oh, and scarily WWF are one of the organisations who are more realistic/in touch with practicality. :?

I can't help but agree with the sentiments as expressed by both Paul and Gilmour. Sideways on, the 200 series looks like it's designers took a nap by the time they got to the 1st pillar and was fast asleep by the time they got to the rear quarter lights. They had lost all will to live by the time they had got to the back end. Mind you, judging by recent TV pictures coming out of Libya, I'd better watch my mouth.

John

The Dark Dude
 
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
147
Garage
Really nice truck you have there...

I think we all have to get used to dramatic design changes. I remember people saying stuff about the 100 too, when it came in 98' ;)

I took a test drive in a dealer demo truck...it was ½ an hour in heaven :thumbup: ...I did not see any flaws....except the price tag here in Denmark....95.000 GBP for a 2-seater -and 180.000 GBP for a full seater :thumbdown: ....but the driveline is so far from our trucks....

A big fan....

Lars
 

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
6,778
Garage
Country Flag
england
I can't wait for them to be old enough to get my hands on one and start hacking away at it :)
 
Top