Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2001 50th 100 diagnostic code reading help pleas

CJM625

Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

I have a 2001 50th 100 and I'm trying to read a fault code using a wire in the under bonnet diagnostic connector but I don't have anything in the TE1 connector hole, is there another way of getting access to the code?

It does also have an OBD port but nothing I have will touch it.

Any advice?

Regards
CJM

If you bridge out connector pins (you'll need to check which pins) the error codes should appear on the dash or the satnav screen. From memory there will be a bunch of Japanese characters, but you should be able to decipher it.

What issues do you have?

did a bit of digging into older threads and thought this might be a bit more precise:

Run diags: EOBD plug shorted pin 4 & 13: Diags come up on SatNav screen (half in Japanese and half in English). With ignition lights on you should be able to reset all via screen.

There is another way to do things, which is the use of blink codes, from shorting the pins as above:

It's the pattern of blinks that you are looking for... for example:

2 flashes followed by 4 then 3, 3, 9 & 9.

This thread gives a bit more info, but you can also look up the DTC's on the full service manual downloadable on this site if you don't have one already:

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...4-Blink-codes-interpret?highlight=blink+codes

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer, I have now bought a diagnostic lead and found the issue was the Throttle closed switch on the gas pedal, all fixed now.

regards
CJM

Back