Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2003+ HDJ100 with rear diff lock?

IvanD

Country Flag
bulgaria
I have searched a lot, but can't find a definite answer - Do the newer 100 series had the rear locker as an option? The only definitive thing (thanks IH8MUD) is that in the USA it was only an option for '98 & '99 and gone after that.
For the rest of the world and diesel models I couldn't find anything specific.
Also, does having diff locks means no A-TRAC at all?

I have seen several ~2000-2002 LC adverts with a diff lock switch, but recently by a complete chance I came across this one:
3O9721.jpg

It's a 2005, it has the 5 speed auto AND it has the rear diff lock switch. It's also being sold by an official Toyota dealer, so I doubt that somebody just put the switch in the blank space.

I have searched a lot, but can't find a definite answer - Do the newer 100 series had the rear locker as an option? The only definitive thing (thanks IH8MUD) is that in the USA it was only an option for '98 & '99 and gone after that.
For the rest of the world and diesel models I couldn't find anything specific.
Also, does having diff locks means no A-TRAC at all?

I have seen several ~2000-2002 LC adverts with a diff lock switch, but recently by a complete chance I came across this one:
View attachment 153793

It's a 2005, it has the 5 speed auto AND it has the rear diff lock switch. It's also being sold by an official Toyota dealer, so I doubt that somebody just put the switch in the blank space.

Hi
I have a 2004 model and yes it has a rear Diff lock (Also centre lock) but the A-TRAC was only fitted to petrol's

It depends on the market, US and Europe are different. Afaik, all 100 series diesel in Europe came with RDL, possibly petrols as well. The 2006-2007 diesels (and poss late 2005) had atrac as an option, but still had RDL afaik .

I have seen many HDJ100 ads where the RDL switch is blank (e.g. that one (500k km!) or that one).

I can't find definite information if the ones that are blank have the ATRAC instead, or have nothing. I read some mentions that some models do not have neither ATRAC, nor RDL, but have rear LSD which from my understanding about Toyota's LSDs by this time would be completely worn out.

Last edited:
And it looks like those two are originally delivered in NL and BE, so it can't be that all European deliveries had RDL.

Back