Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2003 Troopy Electrical Problem

Westcoast

I have a 2003 troops 1hd-fte and the wiring is a mess cause every tom dick and harry have added shit to it. I've removed all the accesories and rejoined all wires. Now it won't start, its turns over but not getting fuel. Ive noticed while repairing the harness I've come across a black/white stripe and a black/brown stripe wire which are attached to the genuine Toyota accessories central locking and immobiliser. I'm unable to find any wiring diagrams to find where they go so I've removed it out of the loom as its a plug and play job. Still no go.

Done testing on sensors to do with injection pump and seem to all pass, noticed that I'm not getting any noise from the spill valve solenoid but passes the test. Doing some research on the EDU my understanding is that in reseaves a 5v signal from ECU and then through EDU ramps the voltage to 150v resulting in spill valve soleniod making fuel pressure i think. Tested signal from ECU and its 5v, tested signal from EDU and while cranking only getting 6v so ashuming EDU might have packed in just as i start to work on it???. Replaced EDU which was like finding Rocking horse shit and poo no go still turning over like its got no fuel getting through. Cracked injector use to confirm no fuel.

Im stumped know so if anyone can help out I'm open to suggestions or if anyone could help out with wiring diagram for immobiliser would be good to.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome.

Tricky to know where to start but the immobiliser is probably the culprit. They may well need a chipped key and if this was bypassed then there may have been a reason for it. Does the key have the coded chip in it or is it a copy key? Do you have any other keys? Can you retrace your steps and put wiring back to a point where it did work?

Find a similar vehicle and take a look? Perhaps even swap the immobiliser and try with their key close by?

Look for blown fuses and dislodged relays, poor contacts etc.

Back