Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2016 200 series Inverter and Dual Battery

Barny

Country Flag
australia
Hi I'm trying to find out what the rating is on the 22v outlet at the rear of the car?
Also is it advisable to change the existing 2 starter batteries to use 1 as a dual battery for running the camoing fridge etc..?
Cheers Barny

Thanks Steve
I was after the output to work out what I can run off it?
Cheers

Does the owners manual give any specifications for the outlet?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Barny
Sorry to be a bit vague on this as I am not up on the 2016 200 model, so only guessing about this, but seems as if there is not many people on hear that have come across this that you are asking.
Is the inverter a factory fit or aftermarket ? either way as it is a new motor I would contact the dealer or you need to do some digging, find the inverter and look at any data plate on it.
also on the battery question you need to know does the car run all the time at 24 volts or does it just connect the two batteries when you start and then revert to 12 after or are both batteries just in parallel ?

.au and .eu spec = brochure says 100watts/220v, only available whlie ACC engaged.
in the US models, its 120v but also 100 watt

w.r.t the battery question, i guess that depends on where you are going, how often you intend to have the alternator running, do you / will you have something supplemental to charge with when not moving ( solar ? electric hookup ? ) and what you intend to hand off the back of that power socket(s) ? and for how long ? Many questions, but a safe bet would be 'yes', retain enough power to start your motor, and dont let the 'service' battery kill that. Put all your fridges and other electrics you intend to use when stationary on the service battery('s)

Last edited:
Back