Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2017 Sahara LED right High Beam not working

Peterm

Country Flag
australia
HI, bought a second hand 2017 Sahara last year and realised the right hand LED high beam is not working. Seems I have to replace the entire headlight assembly at massive cost. Anybody got a work around? Thanks Peter

If model of lights r different from this, should be in owners manual

Be interesting to know the cost involved for a new complete LED headlight., though confess i'm a surprised that Toyota would fit such a thing to a Cruiser.
I found out a while ago that Jaguar XF's were well over £1000 a side, which from what i've learned since is now a bargain indeed, chap at work with nice BMW wth automatic 'steering' LED headlights are circa £4000 each, similar prices i understand for self adjusting multiple LED jobbies on some Audis.

The world has gone mad, hopefully some enterprising sparky, soon to be a multi millionaire, has started a cottage industry (cottage not cottaging, don't get excited lads o_O) fixing these things.

Maybe the Sahara spec is different but the UK 200 from 2012 has 60W HB3 halogen bulbs for the main beam. I seem to recall reading that it had been done on purpose so they were 'field replaceable'.

Maybe this lot can help:

Thanks for your input, contacted local Toyota dealer, need a complete LED headlight (high low and indicator) assembly, $2600 (AUD).
Also spoke to a local auto electrician who agreed to take a look. we'll see what happens.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Headlights in general are expensive. I broke one on my car and was quoted about £900 from Toyota without the actual bulb or ballast. I can easily see Led stuff being much more expensive.

If you can find replacement bulbs most headlights can be opened by gently heating them in an oven to soften the glue that holds front and rear together .

I thought the LED's were supposed to be more reliable and last for the life of the vehicle? 2017 - hasnt lasted long has it!

Progress.....? :-(

Back