Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2022 Prado 150 - How to secure equipment in boot?

wjamie

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Any tips on how to secure kit in the boot? I have the 7 seat version and have the 4 tie down points. The only other potential tie down points I see is where a luggage net can attach on the rear boot pillars. Thinking I could remove the tie down points and secure something, still to be established, using that bolt/screw holes. Could also fit Ply base and could secure numerous tie down points to the ply. However this really leaves the tie down points on the floor. I want tie down points on the side of the interior and not just on the base. I could make a ply box so to speak but don't really want the additional weight. Any suitable locations for fitting/securing tie down points I haven't identified so far?

See list below.

Chiller/Fridge
Jerry Can
Water Container
Camping kit inc, Tent, Camp Bed, Table, Chairs. Cooking equipment
Tool Box
Portable Power station inc Solar Panel.
Recovery equipment
Shovel
Personal items.

When it comes to fuel its only one Jerry can and max of 25 litres of water.

Will not be rock crawling but will be offroad on easy to moderate trails.

Thanks for any hints.

That sounds a lot for just using tie downs, think you need to unleash your inner carpenter, although that can get a bit weighty depending how far you go

Agree with big bulky items and a lot of kit I’d look at some sort of load system. Otherwise you’ll be loading and unloading all the time to get to stuff. There are some good options around such as a cargo shelf that allows light kit to be stored at roof height so easy to grab, drawer systems that mean you can sit the big stuff on top and access the stuff below. I used to use the dog cage for kit, secure and lockable makes an ideal storage box. (This is the back of my FJ so a smaller space than the 150)
A6B533FD-4119-41E6-B874-EEA0DFFCB960.jpeg

Back