Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

24/12V voltage converter relay failure - consequences?

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Mine failed - first noticed this by seeing 19V being applied on one side of the gauge fuse (driver's side fuse panel) leading it to burn out a few times. The guy looking at the truck suggests the 24V has burnt out 4-6 separate circuits as he's seeing earths on the A/C circuit and the aftermarket alarm. He thinks a few in-line resistors may have been fried.

My question is whether anyone else had experienced the 24/12V failing and subsequently damaging internal circuits due to 24V being applied? I am wondering if there is protection to stop the 24V doing this [just to see if that is something I should be replacing]. The sparky has not yet found a localised area for the burn out as yet but the dash is out.

Hmmm, not sure how this is possible? Not saying it isn’t but there is precious little to it.
23854A46-90F0-4CAF-AB58-AF1CFEEB8340.png

Has anything been connected to the left hand battery other than factory connections?

The 12-24v changeover relay delivers 24v to the starter only, everything else on the truck (12v) is fed from the drivers side (on RHD versions) battery, unless, as Starcruiser has asked, some other circuits have been added to the starter (passenger side) battery.

Back