Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

24v auto on e bay

I don't think 7 8 or even 10k is overpriced for a really good 80 series if that is what you specifically want. There's not much to compare the 80 to. Head and shoulders above any defender in my opinion and yes I have owned both. Patrols good trucks but its the 80 for me every time.
Completely agree.
Most people can't get over the number plate, or the miles on the clock.
"how much for a 25 year old motor?"
"how many miles?"
Yeah whatever mate. Its still got more life in it than your four year old ranger...

I agree the price of the Defender, 90 etc is bonkers. I paid £1150 for a 1973 Series 3 lightweight with a Ford V6 conversion in about 1987 (first car!). I tyre kick at them nowadays and 32 years later a 1973 lightweight is getting on for £5k.

It might make more sense comparing the Land Cruiser with a Disco or similar and you can get what appears to be a relative bargain. For example:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rov...309155?hash=item3fd3614de3:g:Bo4AAOSwm11d6Zec

It's the horror stories about reliability that puts me off.

How about £85k for a range rover? Ok, so it’s a velar prototype but I’ve also seen £65k being asked for a suffix A. Prices have gone mental over the last few years, since defender production stopped really.

Back