Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

24v pump tweak!

Gav missin

Had a guy fiddle with the pump on my 24v auto today. My god what a difference. No flat spot from standing start and 0 to 60 in 10 seconds. It flys now. Videoed the speedo from standing tonight but cant get it to load. Keeps pulling all the way well past legal limits. Mid range is awesome to.

Had a guy fiddle with the pump on my 24v auto today. My god what a difference. No flat spot from standing start and 0 to 60 in 10 seconds. It flys now. Videoed the speedo from standing tonight but cant get it to load. Keeps pulling all the way well past legal limits. Mid range is awesome to.
Who done it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gav which of the three adjustments made the most difference? I've altered the star wheel and top wedge/allen screw but these have made no difference at all. That leaves me with rotating the diaphragm.

It could be that yours is already setup close to optimum settings without touching the main injection volume screw Frank. The 24v models can vary quite a lot in how they left the factory. On mine the off boost adjustment (screw on top of diaphragm) was set at minimum so made a noticeable difference, followed by the star wheel.
http://www.lcool.org/technical/80_series/1hdft_pump_adj.html

Gav which of the three adjustments made the most difference? I've altered the star wheel and top wedge/allen screw but these have made no difference at all. That leaves me with rotating the diaphragm.
I honestly could not tell you. My 80 was in having a service and was lucky enough to be on the same day as this guy was down to tune Garrys truck along with some others. Someone didn't show and was offered his slot. Unfortunately i was at work and had left the truck with them. Wish I was there to watch. Whatever was done the difference is night and day. Seems like turbo is coming in instantly.

I have found the same in the past Frank, you can only boost what is available and if the mass fuel screw is effectively set at minimum against the other settings, you won't get any improvement at all. In other words you need a bit more to play with. I upped the MFC by 1/8 turn roughly and noticed an immediate change. I've not touched the Overlander at all because it goes pretty darn well to begin with and MPG was pretty good too before I started loading it up. But I have to say I am tempted to give it a little tweak for those long motorway inclines.

Back