Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2h dimensions.

moggy1968

Please can anyone advise on the length of a 2h engine, from flywheel to fan, and it’s height from bottom of the sump to top of the rocker.
Need to work out if one will fit in the back of the car!!

I wouldn't put the engine in the boot of your car.. 2H = 2 Heavy!

If you've got a towbar then best to put the engine on a pallet, tie down the engine and pallet to a suitable tralier.

Be carefull :thumbup: I'd just worry about hard braking with the 2h in the boot of the car...

I wouldn't put the engine in the boot of your car.. 2H = 2 Heavy!

If you've got a towbar then best to put the engine on a pallet, tie down the engine and pallet to a suitable tralier.

Be carefull :thumbup: I'd just worry about hard braking with the 2h in the boot of the car...
Will be ratchet strapped down. Weight should be ok if you think of the weight of 3 people on the rear seat plus luggage. As long as I can get it towards the middle of the vehicle should be ok.
Do you happen to know the weight, need to be sure my engine hoist can get it out at the other end!!

80 series diesel is about 360kg.
I'd guess the 2h is similar,possibly bit more.

Looked a bit and a 12ht weighs 780 lb or just over 1/3 of a ton.. quite heavy.. again drive safely and don't brake too hard lol:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The 2H measurements are:

Fan to f/wheel = 38 "
Sump to rocker top = 28" (I think my sump has been shaved so this measurement may be short as I don't have the sump belly)
Fuel filter bracket to alternator bracket = 20"

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Rodger

The 2H measurements are:

Fan to f/wheel = 38 "
Sump to rocker top = 28" (I think my sump has been shaved so this measurement may be short as I don't have the sump belly)
Fuel filter bracket to alternator bracket = 20"

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Rodger

awesome, thanks chap

How's the 2h fitting in the back of the car, have you managed it?

Please can anyone advise on the length of a 2h engine, from flywheel to fan, and it’s height from bottom of the sump to top of the rocker.
Need to work out if one will fit in the back of the car!!
Need to see a photo of this!

Back