Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

30 MPG from an 80 ?

No vehicle mods to run on bio. You can just run straight if your fuel is good enough

Sounds like a plan then! How long have you been doing it? No issues with your vehicles at all? (not expecting any as most well made bio is better than what's in garages from what I hear, just checking)
Does it take long to process?

I've had many issues in the past lol. Mainly on waste not filtered properly oil.
On and off been running on it for 8 plus years.
Yes, bio made properly can be better than some pump diesel.
Process times depend on the size of batches and the ambient tempts for heating oils up etc.

It's quite a few years since I looked into making Bio. Do you know where is the best place (or books etc) to learn how to make it again?

Thought I'd posted on here about MPG figures but obviously not in this thread so here goes.
Just got back from Scotland with the caravan.
Towing the van, 95% motorway....303m on 69.6L = 19.76mpg
Running around solo while up there, first fill....439m on 68.89L = 28.93mpg
Second fill....329m on 48.02L = 31.1mpg.
This was using the 'brim the tank' method.
I reckon I got a bit more coming back with the van, probably over 20 but then it's all down hill :thumbup:
The solo use was probably 30% town and 70% rural cruising between 55-65 with the occasional boot full to get past 35mph sight seeing tourists. I've had over 33mpg when trying for max economy with a very light foot just to see how high I could get it but it takes years off your life!

hahaha, handy this thanks.
Whats the brim the tank "method"? I assume you just mean filling to brim, not some trick to get more mpg?! :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just fill the tank to the top of the filler neck each time and note the milage between fill ups.
In the absence of fancy electronics and onboard computers :thumbup: it's probably the most accurate way of measuring MPG.

aah. i used the "first click" approach on my wife's van but assume different pumps may click at different times depending on the speed of fuelling. Will try this next time. god i LOOOOOOOVE having no "fancy electronics". It's just an excuse for "fancy bills" from "fancy garages". had enough of that crap to last a lifetime. It's old tech only for me from now on.

Just fill the tank to the top of the filler neck each time and note the milage between fill ups.
In the absence of fancy electronics and onboard computers :thumbup: it's probably the most accurate way of measuring MPG.
What tyres do you have tp?

Fuel is a known measurement but the mileage is the dependant on accuracy of the speedo so if standard it could be 10% out in over reading so would make 30mpg only 27mpg, just a thought lol

80s mpg figures do seem to vary wildly.

from mud tyres to road tyres. 31" to 35". No roof rack to roof rack and rtt, 4 spare wheels and 60 litres of fuel. Etc etc..

What tyres do you have tp?

I have BFG AT KO's, standard size and the old pattern and not the newer KO2's and run them at 40psi. Don't have a RTT or rack, just the OEM chrome bars with 3 fishing rods in holders and a couple of antennas so no real wind brakes to speak of.

Fuel is a known measurement but the mileage is the dependant on accuracy of the speedo so if standard it could be 10% out in over reading so would make 30mpg only 27mpg, just a thought lol

According to my sat nav the speedo over reads by 2mph at 60 showing 62 on the dial which comes out at 1.6% so making 31.1mpg 30.6. No idea how accurate the sat nav is off course!

Back