Eamo

Country Flag
ireland
Hi Guys
Apols if been asked before.
I've a KZJ70 1993 with 3.0D engine
I've just done a complete suspension refresh. All stock height
I have a set of 15"s that I was going to put 265/70/15 tyres on
But now I'm thinking a set of 31's as there seems to be a better tyre chioce. 31x10.5 on 15" wheels
Will they work without any rubbing or issues? What are the downsides if any? Mostly road use and looks but some off roading too
Here are the alloys Im putting them on - standard 70 series Landcruiser wheels which are 7" wide
wheel.jpeg

My car is exactly the same as yours but 1995. It came as standard with 31x10.5R15 tyres on 6 inch rims. There are no problems of any kind with this tyre & wheel combo, the car was designed for them. Have no worries.

Of course it will look better with a lift and with 33s on wider wheels but that's when you start getting into all the inevitable modifications to prevent rubbing and damage. It was a sensible decision to go for the trouble free option and keep it all standard. I like those wheels you have, they look good.

My car is exactly the same as yours but 1995. It came as standard with 31x10.5R15 tyres on 6 inch rims. There are no problems of any kind with this tyre & wheel combo, the car was designed for them. Have no worries.

Of course it will look better with a lift and with 33s on wider wheels but that's when you start getting into all the inevitable modifications to prevent rubbing and damage. It was a sensible decision to go for the trouble free option and keep it all standard. I like those wheels you have, they look good.
My FZJ70 with stock suspension and wheels runs the 31's without any difficulty. I think they look better too.
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ70 (2).jpg

Back