Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

3b engine fitting a fairey overdrive help

spackrackman

HI all, I have a 3b engine with a 4 speed box from a 40 lx, I have aquired a Fairey overdrive still attached to another gearbox. How do I split the transfer case off one and fit to another? There seems to be a bolt that I assume its head is hidden inside somewhere, so I do not really know where to start. Should I just swap the lot over(not knowing condition of the gearbox that the fairey is currently attached to)

Help!

Cheers
Jonnie

Hi Jonnie,
Just spent some time on the SOR.com site and they now do a manual for the fairey overdrive. Part number 223-099A,B or C depending on whether it's a 3, 4 or 5 speed box.
that's all i know about them and judging by the number of replies, that's a bit more than anyone else.
cheers for now,
Rodger

you over in Canada now Rodger? I have given up on the overdrive for now. What was interesting was that a friend of mine noticed that the power steering pump actually sat lower than the front bump stop and was in danger of being taken out by the front diff. Had to swap the pump position and its now sat high above the Alterntor. Means though I now need to get the radiator top feed swapped over. Took the Conrod shells off, pretty good condition but trying to order a replacement set at the moment. Thats about it really.
Hope all is well

Do you happen to still have the fairey overdrive? I'm interested in it. If anyone else reading this has one laying around let me know.

Thanks much, Matt

I just acquired a used Fairey overdrive for my '84 HJ 47. What arrived was two heavy boxes of gears, levers, and case parts. I have no idea how it all goes together, but I will check out SOR for a manual!
If anyone else has information to share, please do!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back