tommorow i will get my diagnostic from toyota service
today gear slips until car stops...
last gearbox replaced in toyota 9000KM half year ago
before that also replaced 8 months before

its the third gearbox that slips and died

what is the reason for that ?

i dont care about the gearbox
i want to know that in a year from now it wont fail again

Sounds like something external to the gearbox causing the internal problem. The only things external to the (presumably auto) gearbox are the ATF cooling system and the ECU (speaking generically). I would suspect the cooling side of things and replace (difficult to clean and inspect) in case of contamination or blockage. If the gearbox works well when working, the ECU and electrical side should be fine. The other question is, are these gearboxes new or rebuilt? If rebuilt I would question the quality of the rebuild.

The last 2 trans were rebuilt.
No problems before it happens.
Both last 9k km each, 7 months.

I need an email of Toyota manager to tell him

Something isn’t right, obviously. Aisin auto boxes are known to be the best and are usually bomb proof. If something external is causing the problem you either need to find the smoking gun or prove beyond all doubt that all items external to and associated with the gearbox are beyond suspicion and functioning correctly. If it were an older vehicle, swapping for a known working used gearbox would be better than a rebuild as it has a proven track record. Of course a brand new box from Mr T would help but again, everything external to the box especially the cooling system has to be A1. In older vehicles, a cracked cooler pipe in the bottom of the radiator can let coolant into the ATF and cause problems. Any blockage or contamination needs checking for as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Od say check.the coooling system as it sounds like the oil is getting contaminated after a bit. Get them to pressure test the rad. Or fit a external oil cooler to be safe. This is a issue on the 90 series

Are you paying for these replacement boxes Dan? If you are, I’d want to be camping out in front of Toyota’s main gate with plackards, and/or the box builder’s gate.

Toyota should have verified the externals before writing a report on the condition of each box, as it fails. What a crazy situation...

Good luck getting it sorted, for good this time. :thumbup:

Back