Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4 80 series landcruiser Aluminium/Alloy wheels stolen in Newcastle upon Tyne

ajnabi

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi Friends,

Someone stole 4 80 series landcruiser Aluminium/Alloy wheels from my back yard early this morning (Monday 21st May). I believe they all have Michelen LTX tyres on them.
They made off with my 3 Ton hydraulic jack and some other car related stuff too.
I live in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Our 80's aren't that common any more so these wheels are not something that can be sold to anyone.
I know it's a long shot but I thought it might be worth while posting on here, in case anyone is offered a full set of these wheels.

Obviously your safety and welfare come first!
Admin if this thread is in the wrong group could you please move it to the appropriate place.

Hope you can help!
IQ

Here is a pic of said item.... 4 of these were stolen this morning.

20180521_173442.jpg

Probably gone to be melted down into beer barrels I'm afraid. We'll keep our eyes peeled.

Hi Friends,

Someone stole 4 80 series landcruiser Aluminium/Alloy wheels from my back yard early this morning (Monday 21st May). I believe they all have Michelen LTX tyres on them.
They made off with my 3 Ton hydraulic jack and some other car related stuff too.
I live in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Our 80's aren't that common any more so these wheels are not something that can be sold to anyone.
I know it's a long shot but I thought it might be worth while posting on here, in case anyone is offered a full set of these wheels.

Obviously your safety and welfare come first!
Admin if this thread is in the wrong group could you please move it to the appropriate place.

Hope you can help!
IQ

Sorry to hear the news.

These wheels can be sold though. a fair few sets sell on ebay alone. as Chris said though. good chance it will be people who will just weigh them in. if they pop up we can let you know

Whats an 80 alloy worth scrap, 10-15 quid?
so worth a lot more in non liquid form with half decent tyres on.
they will probable be sold local. So expect to see your wheels pass you on the high street one day..
never the less we will keep our eyes peeled.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Barstwards, should be looking to get their bloody hands chopped off.

Keep an eye on the bay ...

Thanks guys, your response is overwhelming.

If they wanted scrap metal there was plenty to be had in the yard, but they ignored all of it and went straight for the wheels. They've been in before about 6 months back, but took nothing then.

...they also took a DPF from a Volvo V70 too, but left the EGR valve sitting right next to it.
So does suggest some knowledge of scrap metal value.

Thank you all for your replies.
IQ

I've got an 80 and I'm 2 mins up the road from you at Wallsend. I do so hope someone offers me a spare set of wheels.........
Hey! Good to hear from a local 80 owner! There's not many up here. I've seen a Gold one in Jesmond and a Black 80 with black wheels in Gateshead and a couple others. What colour is your 80?

Have any of your neighbours got any cameras or seen anything? Shifting items if that size and weight is tricky to do without drawing attention. Can you pin down the time when they went? Day/night? We’ve just had a new moon so pretty dark night.

Hey! Good to hear from a local 80 owner! There's not many up here. I've seen a Gold one in Jesmond and a Black 80 with black wheels in Gateshead and a couple others. What colour is your 80?

It's green. Very well used...arb bumper, snorkel, muds, sliders, ladder, roof rack...you'd know it if you'd seen it... Give me a wave/flash or block the road, stop me for an all things landcruiser natter. :thumbup:

I would put a wanted ad on Gumtree and if i got a reply tell the guy i work and so will meet them at an industrial estate . No cameras at the estate i have in mind .

Have any of your neighbours got any cameras or seen anything? Shifting items if that size and weight is tricky to do without drawing attention. Can you pin down the time when they went? Day/night? We’ve just had a new moon so pretty dark night.
Nope, no camera's unfortunately. Looks like mine will have to be the first!

They came early on a Monday morning probably between (sunrise) 4:45 am and 08:00. Plenty of light at that time and no police patrolling the streets.

Has to be a 2 person job as the jack weighs quite a bit, you have to pick that up otherwise rolling it would wake up the whole street. And obviously need a van.

The response from the police was pathetic.
They called me back today, took a statement, opened and closed the case.
No visit, no pictures, no fingerprints, no simple detective work, just paperwork and even that is electronic.

For a potential £2.5K theft (the wheels were OEM diamond cut replacements by previous owner or dealership), you'd think they could at least come down and visit.

But as there's no video or witnesses...

It's green. Very well used...arb bumper, snorkel, muds, sliders, ladder, roof rack...you'd know it if you'd seen it... Give me a wave/flash or block the road, stop me for an all things landcruiser natter. :thumbup:
Same here, Black 80, R Reg when it's back on the road, don't hesitate to stop me! :)

@foreigner, very sorry to hear of the theft. Not a nice thing to experience. Cameras do help, whether fake or real.
Funny with your user name - I was often called that in the middle east. Must be many of our species :).

Back