Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

40 series cab mounts

Tarrah

Country Flag
new_zealand
Hi I am new to this forum but have been restoring a 74 landcruiser for about a year now. I have had the chassis and axles etc sandblasted and painted along with the cab and am in the process of putting that back together at the moment. I am trying to reattach my cab to the chassis and am unsure which cab mounts it has for the front and rear undersides of the cab ... Any advice or links would be much appreciated!! :)

20170924_163933.jpg

Last edited:
Can't assist with the mounts question, but welcome aboard Tarrah, someone will be along soon with some advice, I'm sure!

105a.gif

If you look at page 105 of the sor.com catalogue (on line) it will tell you which type of body mount goes where.

Ooh yes, nearly forgot, - welcome.

Regards,
Rodger

Hi and welcome love the old 40s 45 r the best I think the cab mounts r round 1"1/2 "and runder if I remember right good look with it and keep the pics comeing have fun with it from Tony.ps good looking bog

View attachment 133465

If you look at page 105 of the sor.com catalogue (on line) it will tell you which type of body mount goes where.

Ooh yes, nearly forgot, - welcome.

Regards,
Rodger

Aahh perfect thank you that diagram has helped alot! I have heard Energy Suspensions have some good kits for these so will have a look

And thank you, great forum!! :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi and welcome love the old 40s 45 r the best I think the cab mounts r round 1"1/2 "and runder if I remember right good look with it and keep the pics comeing have fun with it from Tony.ps good looking bog

Thank you for your advice, it sure has been a handful of a project with so many little details and things to think of along the way! But such a great machine and an exciting project to work on, can't wait to have it hitting the road!
Thank you! :)

Hi Tarrah and welcome to this most friendly forum. Great to see a lass getting stuck into restoring an old cruiser, hope to see some pics sometime and updates on progress with the project.

Best wishes

Richard

Hi Tarrah and welcome to this most friendly forum. Great to see a lass getting stuck into restoring an old cruiser, hope to see some pics sometime and updates on progress with the project.

Best wishes

Richard

Hi Richard, thank you so much yes everybody is so helpful on here and it has been so great to see so many landcrusiers in all their glory! Such brilliant machines! Yes will have to post some progress photos soon not to sure how that works ,just start a thread and keep attaching "image url " for photos ....? Thanks :)

Does anybody know what these mounts/stops are for underneath the chassis...? :)

Screenshot_20170925-195504.png

Hi Richard, thank you so much yes everybody is so helpful on here and it has been so great to see so many landcrusiers in all their glory! Such brilliant machines! Yes will have to post some progress photos soon not to sure how that works ,just start a thread and keep attaching "image url " for photos ....? Thanks :)
Hi Tarrah, I find the easiest way is to click on the 'upload a file' button below, next to 'post reply' then select 'photo library' if you want photos you've already saved or 'take photo or video' though I'm not sure about the video bit as I've not used it. :)

They are bump stops - cushions to stop the axle coming into contact with the chassis in extreme situations.
For uploading photos you can use the 'upload a file' tag.
Regards,
Rodger

They are bump stops - cushions to stop the axle coming into contact with the chassis in extreme situations.
For uploading photos you can use the 'upload a file' tag.
Regards,
Rodger

Hi Rodger, thank you for your advice :)

Hi Tarrah, I find the easiest way is to click on the 'upload a file' button below, next to 'post reply' then select 'photo library' if you want photos you've already saved or 'take photo or video' though I'm not sure about the video bit as I've not used it. :)

Oh great thanks for that Richard, will have to get some photos up of the old girl! :)

Back