40k service and MOT ...

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
Off to Border Toyota today - they picked up the 120 at 08:00 precisely as promised. Full 40k service done (only done 37580 miles in 5 years :)

MOT returned 2 advisories - a loose rear foglight and cuts on the Coopers - well, what do you expect - this vehicle actually goes off-road. Still have 12mm tread depth after 2 years and about 15k miles, so I'm very happy with the STTs.

Needless to say, very chuffed. Has to go back on Friday to get the aircon magnetic clutch swapped out - again :-(

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in zimbabwe
Sep 10, 2012
Edinburgh
Garage
Yep. But interestingly enough their prices aren't bad. £70 for fully synthetic motor oil, £20 for both front and rear diff oil. Oil air and fuel filters replaced too. So all it cost me over doing it myself was an ok labour charge. And it has to have an MOT anyway so they should pick up and fix any faults prior to the MOT guys finding them ... :doh:

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Gary Stockton said:
Yep. But interestingly enough their prices aren't bad. £70 for fully synthetic motor oil, £20 for both front and rear diff oil. Oil air and fuel filters replaced too. So all it cost me over doing it myself was an ok labour charge. And it has to have an MOT anyway so they should pick up and fix any faults prior to the MOT guys finding them ... :doh:
Did I read that correct? £70 for a service? At that price I would not even bother doing it myself!

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Ah ok, that makes more sense now.... was worried I was getting ripped of by my local Toyo stealer for servicing..... having said that I am on a monthly pay plan thing so come service time it does not hurt as much!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks