Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4Trak to Jeep to LC

Karlosfandango

Country Flag
uk
Picked our 2005 120 LC3 up last weekend. First Toyota I've ever owned and it feels a really solid thing.

We had a 4Trak for 13 years, absolutely great thing, basic, underpowered but totally honest. Only had to go because the bodywork was getting bad. Replaced it with a Cherokee which has been trouble free but just a bit soul less. Due to various reasons (the wife) we've now gone venturing in to the bombproof or so everyone says world of the LC.

The LC will be used for some towing, general day to day stuff but mainly going backwards and forwards to our yard where the wife keeps her menagerie. I've given it a service and a good check over and it looks to be in pretty tidy condition. Done 123k, needs a proper clean underneath and treating just to keep things in check.

Probably going to get the rear windows tinted to keep it cooler and also give the dogs privacy! I've built a plinth for them to maximise storage but otherwise it's pretty much just what we need.

The wife wants to know if she sees another LC around south Norfolk should she wave?

Them 4traks are a great little motor. They sound like a proper diesel.

us 80 owners tend to wave to each other.

Them 4traks are a great little motor. They sound like a proper diesel.

us 80 owners tend to wave to each other.

Do we? on the rare occasion I've come across another 80 I might have got a glance but to most none club members its "just another truck". In the past few months I've seen 3 or 4 80's about, didn't know one and never got a glance. Last time I saw one I recognised was Towpacks red one and I was in the Chevy at the time.

Lots of people still rate the 4Trak around here, there are 3 in the village. Tough as owt with 3.5tonne towing capacity but looking a bit ragged round the edges ( they are about 20 tears old though I suppose).

Yeah the 4trak was superb, mechanically basic but just did the job. We bought it at three years old with about 85k on it and no tow bar. Some poor soul had had to use it as a rep mobile charging up and down the motorways! The body just started to fall to bits and i'm no sheet metal worker. Advertised it for £2k and sold it the next day for £1900. Still see it around which always brings a smile to my face. Hope the LC fairs as well.

Do we? on the rare occasion I've come across another 80 I might have got a glance but to most none club members its "just another truck". In the past few months I've seen 3 or 4 80's about, didn't know one and never got a glance. Last time I saw one I recognised was Towpacks red one and I was in the Chevy at the time.

Lots of people still rate the 4Trak around here, there are 3 in the village. Tough as owt with 3.5tonne towing capacity but looking a bit ragged round the edges ( they are about 20 tears old though I suppose).
80s are everywhere round here. The vast majority let on. Apart from one old bloke in a red one, you know who you are..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back