Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4WD, Caravan & Camping Show - Episode 003 - The Big Lap, Aussie Style

Blown80

Garage
Country Flag
australia
I'm back again guys with my ol' mate Andrew Kennedy, and this time we're talking about doing The Big Lap. Aussie style of course.
We interview a few people doing or have done The Big Lap, and also have a special guest in the studio, my good mate Enrico the Butcher.
We had some fun and laughs as usual, one day we might think about being serious.... :icon-biggrin:

So grab a brew, sit back with your feet up, and enjoy the show.

These take me about 4 hrs to listen to as I listen to them at work, and have to keep pausing it so I don't miss anything! They're great to listen to and I'm looking forward to Saturday and listening to this one!

Hey, thanks Ed, that's awfully nice of you. Eric's a funny fellow, I enjoyed the show with him there.
I reckon we will drag him back again for another chat.
Enjoy your Saturday.

Listening now. Looking forward to it.

Good episode. But you wouldn't get away with saying 'bugger' on the radio over here. Oddly on telly you seem to be able to say **** or &&&&, @@@@ or even *&^$!!! But on the radio they still have special edits of songs that that have to play because of naughty words. So bugger is definitely out.

Bugger.

What's a radio edit?!

Triple J here have little bits that they play before a song is played that in the UK would have a radio edit... "CAUTION bad words" is one example...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A radio edit is where the song has either been re recorded or overdubbed to change a word. Sometimes there is just a very awkward silent gap inserted (like you've just driven under a bridge and lost the signal) Some stupid examples.

Stranglers - Peaches has at least three words changed. One word is bummer. "I could be stuck here the whole summer, well what a bummer." That was changed to be "I could be stuck here the whole summer, well what a summer." Phew glad the kids didn't hear that. The Who though slipped through the net as it still contains the line 'Who are you, who the f*** are you?' I edited that by the way ha ha.

I'm driving my missus nuts listening to these on SoundCloud podcasts... instead of having the radio on or USB music in the truck. As a Romanian, she can't understand your or Andrew's "English", Chris :lol:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Chris, I do have to watch my 'buggers' and 'bloody', but these words are pretty well accepted here.
Yes, radio is much more strictly policed than TV. The broadcast rules are different for each. Go figure....
I don't use much colorful language anyway in normal conversation, despite my service history, so I'm lucky in a way.

Clive, I shall have a word to Andrew and see if he can polish up his English a bit. He's a work in progress.... :icon-biggrin:

Oh and by the way, the Souncloud file is edited of course.
For copyright reasons we must edit out music and some sponsor bits. A little bit of the 'blooper' stuff was squeezed out of this show.

But thanks for listening guys and offering feedback.
For an absolute amateur at this radio gig, it is encouraging and helpful.
Cheers

Chris don't get me wrong. It was an observation not a complaint. I don't give a pig's fart about swearing in the right context. I came up through the steelworks and foundries of the UK. the word f*** is a prefix for pretty much every word in my dictionary

A radio edit is where the song has either been re recorded or overdubbed to change a word. Sometimes there is just a very awkward silent gap inserted (like you've just driven under a bridge and lost the signal) Some stupid examples.

Stranglers - Peaches has at least three words changed. One word is bummer. "I could be stuck here the whole summer, well what a bummer." That was changed to be "I could be stuck here the whole summer, well what a summer." Phew glad the kids didn't hear that. The Who though slipped through the net as it still contains the line 'Who are you, who the f*** are you?' I edited that by the way ha ha.

Should have put a smiley... Don't forget I'm a Pom as well...

Interestingly, there are no radio edits of English language songs (or otherwise) on Romanian broadcasts, presumably because its a foreign language.

No bleeps, silences or changed words, just the original expletives, which makes things a bit awkward for me with my 7yr old daughter singing along to songs in English :doh:

All good Chris, I realise it was just observing and commenting.

Funniest thing though that you wouldn't have heard, on our very first show, very first song straight in as we were trying to push out the previous guys from the studio, Andrew chucked on a Billy Thorpe song. About half way through Billy throws an F-bomb. Andrew just about melted on the spot. :icon-biggrin:

Not only only are we new at this gig, but the studio doesn't have a 'Dump' button. Common in big commercial stations you have a producer behind the scenes with a spare hand almost resting over a button that emits those 'beeps' when needed because they have a 7 second delay to play with.
We run in the raw. No delay, no dump button. No producer. Just us. Nothing like a bit of stress to spice things up... :shock:

Getting used to the computer system and control panel with all its buttons and sliders and stuff is quite a learning curve.
Next week I'll be doing most of the driving, so expect some blanks. Just hum a little tune while I figure out what I've done. :whistle:

Interestingly, there are no radio edits of English language songs (or otherwise) on Romanian broadcasts, presumably because its a foreign language.

No bleeps, silences or changed words, just the original expletives, which makes things a bit awkward for me with my 7yr old daughter singing along to songs in English :doh:
:laughing-rolling:

Back