Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5 Speed auto

Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I have a 2003 4.7 v8 with 5 speed.done 255000 miles and all good.I picked up a 5 speed box thar=ts done under 10000 miles its been stoed years and fluid nice and red ,what im aking is t came out of a diesel so i know bell housing is different , is the rest of the box the same as my petrol one
thsanks

Unless you are having problems with yours I would just keep that one in, its not like a manual gear box things don't wear

I know bi just want to know as if it’s not suitable I’ll sell on

Hi Philip not to sure if they can be swapped out for one another have not taken much notice but I believe the converta on the V8 is bigger check the numbers on the plate on the side of trans A750 is the 5 speed V8 box I think that the tubo six box is the same change the bell housing, BUT if it has been sitting for a while judging by the mileage it could have hard seals in it and if this is the case it could be a trans leak conditioner when it is hot and running it will soften the seals and help them to work again or it could be a total tear down and replace all the seals "O" Rings in it, A gamble who knows it could turn out to be excellent hit and miss ?? lots of luck with that one

I kno my bell housing and torque converter would need to be swapped but the seals look good and under 10000 miles I bought as a spare as mines done 255000 miles but still ok

Back