Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5 x BFG A/T or 5 x MUDS

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

I have a set of 5 BFG A/T tyres, on 120 series alloys.
4 are used, and 1 is brand new, never rolled on the road.
265 x 70 x R17
141_bfg_allterrain.jpg

I also have a set of 5 Mastercraft Courser on 120 series alloys.
4 are used, and 1 is brand new, unmounted
265 x 70 x R17
Mastercraft muds.jpg

If I were to offer one of these sets for sale, which set would be valued the highest?

Assuming all the rims are same condition, and all the tyres which are mounted, have equal wear.

Gra.

Last edited:
Looking at online prices, the Mastercrafts seem to be the cheaper of the two to buy new. The BFG AT's are more of an allround tyre giving a good compromise of offroad performance and good road manners so are likely to appeal to more buyers so, personally, I'd say the BFG's would fetch the better price. JMO

Last edited:
I'd have to agree - New the BFG are the more expensive tyre, though they will appeal to a wider market and will therefore be easier to sell too IMHO.

I would be interested in the A/T's Gra, as they would fit my Aussie spec 100 wheels.

Andy

I plan on selling my Land Cruiser in the near future.

My garage is some thing that resembles a tyre fitters garage.

6 x Dunlop Grand Treks = 265 x 65 x R17 the original standard tyres, not on alloy rims. about 4-5-6 mm tread.
5 x Master Courser, on 120 series alloys 90% tread remaining.
2 x 265 x 65 x R17 general Grabbers, also not on alloys. 70% tread remaining
5 x 265 x 70 x R17 BFG AT These are the tyres on my Land Cruiser, 70% tread remaining, plus a new unused spare.

What I want to look at doing is sell all the wheels and tyres, and put either the BFG AT or the Mastercraft Course muds on, when I sell it.

Naturally looking to raise as much cash as possible, just try to see which tyres to put on for the sale.
The Grand Treks, 265 x 65 x R17 will look small now with the 50mm lift, look a little lost in the wheel arches.

Gra

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back