Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5spd auto downshift on braking downhill

knicko

Country Flag
uk
I know that Toyota introduced this downshift feature with the 5 speed auto model, but is it my imagination or does the downshift occur more aggressively in wet weather?

It certainly seems that in the wet, I've only got to breathe on the brake whilst descending a hill and the box downshifts. I wonder if the ECU that controls this is influenced by the wiper switch/auto wiper rain detector?

I haven't got Techstream up and running yet (in progress of sorting IT on laptop), but does anyone know whether this auto downshift feature can be turned off?

Interesting. Not noticed that behaviour, will keep an eye open

Hi Nick
Could you tell me where you bought your Techstream from as I’m thinking of buying a diagnostic tool
once you get it up and running could you let me know what you think of it?
cheers

Got mine on flea bay, and it does what it should… just investigate sellers and software carefully so you don’t install a bunch of bad code….

You can't really tell what you're installing so best bet is to install it on a dedicated laptop and don't trust it with anything else

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Nick
Could you tell me where you bought your Techstream from as I’m thinking of buying a diagnostic tool
once you get it up and running could you let me know what you think of it?
cheers
Chinese kit from eBay just like everyone else seems to go for Kieron... approx £30 delivered, if I recall. Provides the cable and disc of software.
I bought a cheap laptop to keep the Techstream (pirate) software on a standalone set up. Just waiting for the guy I bought the laptop from to install the program for me and iron out any tech problems. Sounds like he's got it working on 64 bit with Windows 10, so I'll be trying it out shortly.
I'll let you know.

Back