Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

60, 70, 80, 90?

Anjam said:
I do love my 100 series, it is extremely comfortable and spacious however being petrol running costs are fairly high. It pains me to leave it on the drive because it is cheaper to take our other car. Secondly I don't think it is a car I could tinker with myself. I had a D4D Colorado a few years back but it didn't put as big a grin on my face as my older cruisers. No doubt it is a very capable and comfortable vehicle but for me didn't have that je ne sais quoi. If it were purely down to suitability and practicality then for my needs I probably wouldn't need a cruiser at all, an estate would suffice :oops:

As Jimbo4x4 says a decent 80 would chew up my budget and not leave much change for goodies. It looks like I am going to keep the 100 for now until I come across the right KZJ78 which I can run on part SVO to reduce running costs :dance:

Thanks for all your input!

nice choice. :clap:

for a few hundred £'s you could twin tank it, and run 100% veg oil, would reduce running costs even more. :cool:

Mid life crissis at your age Jon? I've had 3 of those then but not noticed any of them!

The 80 has more character than the 100 the latter being almost an also ran rather than a one off. I think Toyota tried to compete with the vanities of Range Rover when they brought out the 100 with all the unecessary electrics etc. Nobody uses them. I think the 80 had just the right amount of overkill on capability for UK and its' drivers.

Frank

id say its worth up to 3.5k. ive not seen one like that on ebay in the last few years, looks very tidy and with some nice mods. :clap:

also one of the very last 78's so has got the more modern dash board. :think:

the only slight worry for me, would be that it had the head replaced at 95,000 miles. seems quite low miles for the head to crack?

id have thought the cooling system would still have been in good condition after that many miles, especially after its spent the 1st 8 years of its life on salt free Japanese roads. :?

but if its had the new one fitted properly, theres no reason why it shouldnt do a few hundred thousand more miles yet. my 1KZT engine has done about 190,000 miles now, and i know theres people on here, with the 1KZT engine who have done a lot more miles than that. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Funk me that was a beaut! Gutted you lost out mate :thumbdown: t'was worth alot more than it went for IMO.

The buyer is in Austria, call me selfish but I kind of hope the deal falls through.

Really? I'd ping him a message letting him know what I was willing to pay for it if I were you ;)

Back