Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

60's

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
These 60's have passed through my hands in recent times, the top one being one which has featured on the forum from "Mark Overland" I think.
Not very often 3 of my old trucks appear at once.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112434902398?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-TOYO...80fcae4&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=112434902398

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G715-JUX-...dcbfa62&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=201945407234

If anyone wants any info on any of them just ask.

Nice to see a few more available which all look to be good projects Andy. All look to be 2H diesels.
If i had more time and space, a bob tailed off road 60 would be appealing. Never seen one done though so it would be a challenge

The difficulty of getting parts has made me think I need to get a scrapper to use as a doner, they still seem to fetch strong money though.

Have got a low mileage complete one ( the blue one) going at very reasonable money Andy .

Would love the space to have 2 or 3 under cover. Would like to get a rust free chassis and rebuild everything as I transfer parts to it. A 12 HT would be the preferred engine.
For now, need a front axle that I can rebuild and swap over with mine in a weekend.

Front axle complete £90, without diff £50. How many do you want?

the Achilles tendon of the chassis is the double skinned rear shackle reinforced section where rust forms between the plates. Even the imports I have have suffered in this section. On one I removed the inner channel to remove the rust but its a hellish job as everything is riveted together but its the only way to get rid of the rust.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes Andy, may have to remanufacture the rear section of chassis from rear shackle backwards.
Or get a rust free aussie chassis.
Either way a big job !!

Had a NZ import Ben V good condition but still had rust there, I guess water gets trapped wherever they come from and the newest are 27 years old. The trick with them is to get rid of the inner reinforcing and put a "C" section over the original chassis the other way so as to make the last bit a box section.

Even contemplating getting a new chassis made completely box section with a 1 inch body lift so space to keep the top clean. If i go that far, galvanising or similar will be explored.
Need to devise a way to treat the internal to keep rust free.

These 60's have passed through my hands in recent times, the top one being one which has featured on the forum from "Mark Overland" I think.
Not very often 3 of my old trucks appear at once.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G715-JUX-Toyota-Landcruiser/222531354646?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=43781&meid=82aa9f6673f14f8d80af7aed0dcbfa62&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=201945407234

If anyone wants any info on any of them just ask.

Hi Andy,

I have recently acquired G715 JUX.
I have some history with the vehicle including some bills for suspension work and differential rebuild.
Any more info on this car would be very welcome as I intend to keep the vehicle for many years to come and bring it back to its former glory along the way, starting with the rusty rear archs.

Nick.

Hi Andy,

I have recently acquired G715 JUX.
I have some history with the vehicle including some bills for suspension work and differential rebuild.
Any more info on this car would be very welcome as I intend to keep the vehicle for many years to come and bring it back to its former glory along the way, starting with the rusty rear archs.

Nick.

Hi Nick, is that the one with 280+ miles on it? If so I can give you the number of the guy who bought it from the guy who bought it of me and had it for a while. It was in good condition when I had it but I never actually ran it apart from the journey home when it ran like a Swiss watch.

Hi Nick, is that the one with 280+ miles on it? If so I can give you the number of the guy who bought it from the guy who bought it of me and had it for a while. It was in good condition when I had it but I never actually ran it apart from the journey home when it ran like a Swiss watch.

Hi Andy,

Yes that's the one, now showing just over 287k on the clock, so probably hardly used since. I would be interested in getting in touch with the previous owners if you are able to PM their contact details.

I would also be interested to know when you owned the vehicle and if you did anything on it during your ownership, to help me fill some of the blanks in the vehicle history.

It is still is a fair condition for the age, mechanically sound, with a few rusting patch and bubbling around the body, the worst of it being the rear arches. From what I can tell the frame is very good, which is the main thing. I also have receipts for nearly £5k worth of work over the past 3 years which was the deciding point in getting the vehicle.

Nick.

Hi Andy, thanks for the PM, I'll be in touch over the week.
In the meantime I have started a build/garage thread over my lunch break, with pictures of the car in its current condition :)

Nick.

Back