Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

70 series wheels

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Can anyone tell me if the 16" wheels from a Toyota 70 series be suitable for an 80 series? :pray: suitable off-set etc.
Chas

hi chas, i have Just put a set of steel 70series wheels onto a 90 im breaking to keep it rolling for the time being. They do stick out more than the standards. They may just look like you are running spacers.
karl

karl wester said:
hi chas, i have Just put a set of steel 70series wheels onto a 90 im breaking to keep it rolling for the time being. They do stick out more than the standards. They may just look like you are running spacers.
karl
Thanks Karl, but after having wheels drop off because of bearings breaking up I am paranoid about it happening again :shock: so if sticking out means more strain on the bearings I think I'll give up on that idea.
Chas

They would do Karl as an 80 wheel has a greater offset than a 90 wheel - by which maths, a 70 wheel should be perfect on an 80. Sticking 80 wheels on a 90 has the same effect as 30mm spacers. I'd like to see a 90 with spacers AND 80 wheels!!

Chris

My 16x6 alloys have very little offset, less than most other 70s. It was part of the trim as mine never had extended arches either. I also can't fit 15" rims to mine despite most other 70s being able to take them - my front calipers are too big.
Chas if you're interested these alloys are up for grabs still, I keep toying with the idea of fitting 235/85 fedima rip-off centipedes to them and using them for playdays but I really don't do that many playdays! There's a set of 5.

Jim.

Thanks for the offer Jim, but I'm after a set of steel wheels.
Chas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you want then chas from what cris said you should be fine. Do you want me to bring one when we next meet up for you to try? John has mentioned the lanning trip on the 20th if your going
karl

karl wester said:
If you want then chas from what cris said you should be fine. Do you want me to bring one when we next meet up for you to try? John has mentioned the lanning trip on the 20th if your going.
karl
OK Karl, that's a good idea, I'll give you a ring in the morning.
Chas

Back