Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

'71 FJ40 original owner

Toy Owner

Country Flag
united_states
I drove this beast off the showroom floor back in 1971. She's mostly still stock except I traded out the column 3 speed for a '74 four speed around 1977.
I lived in the Arizona desert for many years where daytime temps could get to 130° F, so I painted it yellow to cool it down.
image.jpeg

Hi Toy Owner and welcome to the forum.
That is one cool looking truck and to be the owner all its 45 year life is pretty special.
Looking forward to seeing more photos and reading more about the truck and your adventures in her.

Really great to have you and your fabulous truck aboard.

Best wishes

Richard

Hi and welcome love the old 40s good to have off new let's have more pics from Tony

Thanks for the welcome!
I've driven my old Cruiser over a large chunk of the western U.S. I don't know how many miles she has, as I'm at least the 3rd speedo. She is also on the 3rd engine, and interior. The latest interior is not vinyl, but cloth. It's cut to the original pattern though.
I recently replaced the rear bumperettes, and the front bumper. I used riv-nuts to attach the bumperettes. Those are an amazing invention, and I wish I had found them earlier.
She also has a new pointless distributor, and a new aftermarket carburetor. I had problems with a cold start, and the new parts didn't help too much. I changed out the mechanical fuel pump for an electric one, and that seems to have solved the problem.
image.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back