Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

76 series what to look for when buying?

S

sunnysingh

Morning

I'm on the verge of purchasing a 2011 76 series LC but i wanted to know if there are any particular problem areas i should be looking for?

Its fitted with the 4.5L V8 with 51,000kms on the clocks.

I checked all fluids and they seem good, drives great with plenty of power. However, on closer inspection i noticed tiny rust patches on the bottom of the rear (folding) doors and also next to the gear stick lever. All seems on the surface only.
Is this something i should be worried about?
All the other doors are rust free, line up well etc. Overall its a very clean car.

Any advise??

With that low of kms I wouldn't think much could be wrong. A little rust isn't a big deal really, but would need to be treated to prevent spreading. The starter motor on those is very hard to replace, but that's all I can think of myself. I'd go on facebook and ask the landcruiser 70 australia group, they'll know what to look for. The 76 is virtually unknown in the UK, was never sold new here, though there might be a few imports. Would love to have one myseld. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply, i wasn't aware of that facebook group so i will give that a go!

Back