Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AmirAndAzadeh

Country Flag
new_zealand
Greeting from New Zealand,
Im looking to source a 78 series (Right Hand Drive) to import to New Zealand and build it up for world overlanding,
Do you guys know a reputable exporter/dealer or reseller to be able to trust them from overseas and source the vehicle to suggest me pls?
The vehicle must pass New Zealand standard to be able to import it here,
Im looking for a brand new or even Low K good condition used vehicle,

Another concern pls,
V8 Turbo Diesel (VDJ) (What we usually have in Australasia)
V6 Diesel (HZJ)
V6 Petrol, (GRJ)

Which one you legends suggest for world overlanding ?
Which one could pass euro 4 standard?

I do appreciate for any help or suggestion in this regards,
Cheers

1638911841835.png

You could try South Africa. Only 1HZ models (straight six diesel not V6 as you say) from there. Middle East has both right and left hand drive available. Search Dubicars.com

Why not get one from OZ, pretty sure they never made a V6 oil burner for a 78
Am I missing something here but Toyota sell 78's in New Zealand so why import one

1VD is Euro 4,
1HZ is pre Euro anything I think!
1GR is Euro 2 where it is listed as anything

1VD not recommended for overland as very fussy for good fuel and very expensive to fix. Most overlanders recommend the 1HZ. 1GR is a good engine and about the same economy as the 1VD. Depends really on where you are travelling, (quality and availability of fuel) and Legislation in the country you wish to register it in

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1HZ representing here. It's definitely not euro4, depending on the vehicle it's strapped into, my understanding is that it's not even Euro2

Many of the 1hz in the UK ( since it was not sold here, not many to begin with ), have an emission exemption stamped into the v5.

Many of the 1hz in the UK ( since it was not sold here, not many to begin with ), have an emission exemption stamped into the v5.
My V5 just says unknown on an 2011 HZJ78 but I believe they are Euro 2 or ir was till the African's chucked all the emissions stuff in the scrap

Back